Law School Discussion

Can you ever get away without fully outlining a class?

Re: Can you ever get away without fully outlining a class?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
Bastards from my law dorm went ahead and did practice exam/discussed it without me.  I am so pissed they didn't even invite me.  f-ing douchebags.

They probably just assumed you had already done that one since you've been talking about how many practice exams you're doing for weeks now. :)

Chin up, Wally.

Look inside yourself, Wally, and ask why they might have done such a thing.

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »
God, I'm so f-ing stressed out.

Bastards from my law dorm went ahead and did practice exam/discussed it without me.  I am so pissed they didn't even invite me.  f-ing douchebags.

Everyone is always so cold to me here.  I hate this curve and this stupid law thing.

Where are you man?  That's cold, but don't sweat it.  Remember that you're going to school with a bunch of future lawyers.  98% of them are jerks.  You'll find the 2 % in time. Just keep your chin up, keep studying and remember that life is bigger than a dorm.

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
Wallace Stevens is a crap-ass poet from Connecticut who sucks.

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 06:49:37 PM »

Everyone is always so cold to me here.  I hate this curve and this stupid law thing.

wow.  didn't see this coming.

My stress?  That makes sense, considering I have a reputation for being a cool slacker.

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »
"Wallace Stevens (October 2, 1879 August 2, 1955) was a American Modernist poet. He was born in Reading, Pennsylvania, and spent most of his life working for an insurance company in Connecticut.  Wallace also sucked."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Stevens

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »
What kind of a guy is an insurance man, a lawyer AND a poet?  What an a-hole.

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
in all seriousness wally, i would be cautious.  i'm not saying this is happening but watch out for it: do NOT alienate your classmates.

It's definitely happening, unfortunately.  People have really started to ignore me en masse and I don't have any friends anymore.  I guess I'll just start over next year, or do really well and not have to worry about future contacts.

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »
Self-assessment time! Examine: who; how; why; what to do about it. Hint: answer to last =/= resign self, for reason tm notes.

this is tough love, for what it's worth. don't mean to pile on, and plz don't take it that way.

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »

wow.  didn't see this coming.

My stress?  That makes sense, considering I have a reputation for being a cool slacker.

Oh wally.  You have a reputation for being insane.  This *does* tend to be alienating, in general.

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
you don't need anybody Wallace.  @#!* your classmates.

If possible.