Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can you ever get away without fully outlining a class?  (Read 8187 times)

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Can you ever get away without fully outlining a class?
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »
Mostly open. Of I think 10 or 11 in class exams, I've had 1 completely closed book and one limited open.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »
Mostly open. Of I think 10 or 11 in class exams, I've had 1 completely closed book and one limited open.
This is part of the reason I have not taken many bar classes  :P
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »
With Ks. I expect to only use my outline to look up Restatement and UCC #s. I usually know the stuff I need to to write the answer to a practice hypo.

However, with CivPro I'm going to need to rely on my outline. Blah  :( I suppose at least I have 8 hours to do that one. 
Vandy 1L... really?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 03:30:37 PM »
With Ks. I expect to only use my outline to look up Restatement and UCC #s. I usually know the stuff I need to to write the answer to a practice hypo.

However, with CivPro I'm going to need to rely on my outline. Blah  :( I suppose at least I have 8 hours to do that one. 

Civ Pro is going to be fun fun fun :p
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 04:19:29 PM »
CONTROL F FOR THE WIN.

So we just got exam software this year and the first question everyone asked was, can we still ctrl+F?

Yeah, I look at my outlines all the time.

Oh, and I've got a bunch of classes this semester where what was said/discussed/chewed over in class is going to be integral to the final. (I.e. two classes where the final is explicitly "please know the doctrine but also say something interesting about it." ARGH.) I really do recommend paying attention in class. I don't always take that particular advice, but I generally rue it when I don't. Some classes really are just issue-spotters, but still. I think paying attention in class is really helpful.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »
CONTROL F FOR THE WIN.

So we just got exam software this year and the first question everyone asked was, can we still ctrl+F?

Wait, you guys get to have your computer outlines with you during exams?  Sweet.  We can only bring paper (locked out of all other apps when using exam software).
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »
CONTROL F FOR THE WIN.

Wait, you guys get to have your computer outlines with you during exams?  Sweet.  We can only bring paper (locked out of all other apps when using exam software).

us too

i really like take-homes for the ctrl+f'ing possibilities 

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »
I actually don't remember whether we can still ctrl+F. I should check.

Last year we didn't have exam software and ctrl+F saved my civpro grade.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 04:57:22 PM »
We don't use exam software at all!

We had this big controversy in  my Civ Pro class about how we COULD use an electronic version of our outline but we could NOT use control-F, and my prof sent out this very stern letter about how if we used control-F she would see to it that we were expelled or something. I thought it was pretty stupid.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
We don't use exam software at all!

We had this big controversy in  my Civ Pro class about how we COULD use an electronic version of our outline but we could NOT use control-F, and my prof sent out this very stern letter about how if we used control-F she would see to it that we were expelled or something. I thought it was pretty stupid.

Okay, now, that's just very silly!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.