Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SO Pissed...  (Read 9132 times)

McNasty

• View Profile
SO Pissed...
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:18:18 PM »
Iím sick of it. So damn sick of it. No matter where I go, no matter who I talk to, I canít catch a break for poo. Iím so DONE. Put a f-iní fork in me. Since AUGUST, Iíve been busting my ass, day and night, in class, at work, all the f-iní time trying to find a mother f-ing job. Iíve sent out hundreds, upon hundreds of applications. Iíve scoured the far corners of the internet. Iíve exhausted my personal connections. Iíve heard every excuse under the sun: Weíre not hiring right now; Weíre looking for someone who is already licensed; We have already completed our recruiting needs. BITE ME. But thatís not even as bad as some of the clowns Iíve interviewed / talked with. One a-hole told me I couldnít find a job in the south because too many of them hate northerners. Get over it Ė ass hat. One guy dropped ďFĒ bombs all throughout the f-ing interview! He trash talked liberals for a half an hour. Other assholes expect me to shell out my life savings to fly across the country to interview with them. Hello! Iím f-ing POOR!!! You idiots are sitting on massive amounts of cash, and you want me, the poor law student who is eligible for Section 8 housing and food stamps, to go GET ON A PLANE AND FLY TO YOU?! DREAM ON, ASS BAGS! Some buttholes think itís kosher to hire me at $30,000 or less. Listen, freaks, inflation has happened since you were in the 3rd grade! YOU CANíT SURIVIVE ON 30 GíS!!!  >:( Iím sick of this! People say that our generation has this ďhigh and mighty sense of entitlementĒ and we want all of this poo for nothing, blah blah blah. Well, let me tell YOU something - OLD WINDBAGS - YOUíRE ALL OLD CHEAP BASTARDS! All of those whining critics of our generation fault us because we donít want to work 60 hours a week after accumulating $120,000 in debt for a whopping $25 - 30,000. Go eat a f-ing turd. Itís easy to be critical when youíre loaded and financially secure. These anus warriors get a f-ing kick out of watching the youth of America suffer, probably because ďthey had to do it once.Ē Bite me. Since when has growing up in America become a big hazing ritual? To all of the unsupportive, stupid-ass crap heads out thereÖgo to hell. Iím done.  >:(

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: SO Pissed...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »
Hi, McNasty, life calling, did I catch you at a bad time? Ok, great. Just wanted to remind of a few things. In case you forgot, Iím hard. I donít owe you anything either. Iím not your little league coach, Iím not going to pat you on the head and tell you youíre a winner even though we just lost 21-0. But I do get better, then of course I throw some more *&^% your way. Itís how I roll. This is not going to be the hardest thing you will encounter with me. Some folks got it worse than you, I make sure of that.  Iím fickle and not particularly fair either. I donít really care if you succeed at me or not. Thatís up to you, you can quit trying now and give up, but Iíll assure you this is one of the easier things Iím going to throw your way if you make through the next 60 years or so of my game. Thanks for playing, glad we had this chat, now I need to go wipe out a family of four in a drunk driving accident, catch you laters.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »
Hi, McNasty, life calling, did I catch you at a bad time? Ok, great. Just wanted to remind of a few things. In case you forgot, Iím hard. I donít owe you anything either. Iím not your little league coach, Iím not going to pat you on the head and tell you youíre a winner even though we just lost 21-0. But I do get better, then of course I throw some more *&^% your way. Itís how I roll. This is not going to be the hardest thing you will encounter with me. Some folks got it worse than you, I make sure of that.  Iím fickle and not particularly fair either. I donít really care if you succeed at me or not. Thatís up to you, you can quit trying now and give up, but Iíll assure you this is one of the easier things Iím going to throw your way if you make through the next 60 years or so of my game. Thanks for playing, glad we had this chat, now I need to go wipe out a family of four in a drunk driving accident, catch you laters.

Epic.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

logickills

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »
Hi, McNasty, life calling, did I catch you at a bad time? Ok, great. Just wanted to remind of a few things. In case you forgot, Iím hard. I donít owe you anything either. Iím not your little league coach, Iím not going to pat you on the head and tell you youíre a winner even though we just lost 21-0. But I do get better, then of course I throw some more poo your way. Itís how I roll. This is not going to be the hardest thing you will encounter with me. Some folks got it worse than you, I make sure of that.  Iím fickle and not particularly fair either. I donít really care if you succeed at me or not. Thatís up to you, you can quit trying now and give up, but Iíll assure you this is one of the easier things Iím going to throw your way if you make through the next 60 years or so of my game. Thanks for playing, glad we had this chat, now I need to go wipe out a family of four in a drunk driving accident, catch you laters.

Epic.

agreed.  epic indeed.
accepted: duke, georgetown, fordham $$, umich $$, nyu!, uchicago, uva, gw
pending: berkeley (rejected), yale (rejected), stanford, harvard, columbia (WL), upenn (WL)
lsn: logickills

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
Hi, McNasty, life calling, did I catch you at a bad time? Ok, great. Just wanted to remind of a few things. In case you forgot, Iím hard. I donít owe you anything either. Iím not your little league coach, Iím not going to pat you on the head and tell you youíre a winner even though we just lost 21-0. But I do get better, then of course I throw some more poo your way. Itís how I roll. This is not going to be the hardest thing you will encounter with me. Some folks got it worse than you, I make sure of that.  Iím fickle and not particularly fair either. I donít really care if you succeed at me or not. Thatís up to you, you can quit trying now and give up, but Iíll assure you this is one of the easier things Iím going to throw your way if you make through the next 60 years or so of my game. Thanks for playing, glad we had this chat, now I need to go wipe out a family of four in a drunk driving accident, catch you laters.

Matthies, am I sacrificing lamb #3 or #4?

McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 01:08:51 AM »

THIS is some bull! Life is hard? I should be thankful that Iím not some sort of screwed up, homeless, deformed paraplegic with AIDS and cancer? Things will get better? This is some crap that you can pretty much feed to anyone. Itís a standard, boilerplate, feel-good message that is just as applicable to some spoiled, twelve year-old brat as it is to people with legitimate problems. Whether someone is pissed because they canít stay up late to watch TV, or because they had their arm blown off in Iraq - your ďepicĒ message applies. Frankly, I find it to be trite and dismissive.  >:( Eat me, boyfriend. Lets get back to the REAL issue. Hundreds of thousands of real law students have just spent an ass load of cash on a mediocre education (I donít care where your school is ranked - NO 3L walks out with a JD and feels ready to practice lawÖbecause the classes are all a bunch of poo). Furthermore, there are a bunch of greedy, disrespectful and unsympathetic employers filling up the market who are eager to take a poo on any recent graduate who crosses their path! They harass and ridicule their new brethren (as if that hadnít already happened enough in school) - and attempt to take them for all their worth, and expect us to be GREATFUL for the wonderful opportunities they provide! HAH! ďOh, thank you so much Mr. Partner for hiring me. Yes, I know Iím ignorant. It will be my pleasure to bill out 2300 hours for you and your esteemed colleagues! Working on Saturdays? Oh! No problem! I didnít have much interest in raising a family, anyway. I live to serve! Would you like to see my ass? I tattooed my favorite parts of the USCA on there! Also, donít worry about those loan re-payments I have. I am going to cut out my kidney with a pocket knife and sell it on Craigslist.Ē Unbelievable! Itís a big f-iní pyramid scheme - and government lawyers are no better. Those clowns do a half assed job until theyíre 55, then peace out and take home 1/3 of the salary through some absurd retirement program that will ultimately lead to hiring freezes and a cashless government.

I think Iím just going to open up my own firm. McNasty, LLP. Keep it real, yíall - and donít let the man hold you down.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 07:14:31 AM »

THIS is some bull! Life is hard? I should be thankful that Iím not some sort of screwed up, homeless, deformed paraplegic with AIDS and cancer? Things will get better? This is some crap that you can pretty much feed to anyone. Itís a standard, boilerplate, feel-good message that is just as applicable to some spoiled, twelve year-old brat as it is to people with legitimate problems. Whether someone is pissed because they canít stay up late to watch TV, or because they had their arm blown off in Iraq - your ďepicĒ message applies. Frankly, I find it to be trite and dismissive.  >:( Eat me, boyfriend. Lets get back to the REAL issue. Hundreds of thousands of real law students have just spent an ass load of cash on a mediocre education (I donít care where your school is ranked - NO 3L walks out with a JD and feels ready to practice lawÖbecause the classes are all a bunch of poo). Furthermore, there are a bunch of greedy, disrespectful and unsympathetic employers filling up the market who are eager to take a poo on any recent graduate who crosses their path! They harass and ridicule their new brethren (as if that hadnít already happened enough in school) - and attempt to take them for all their worth, and expect us to be GREATFUL for the wonderful opportunities they provide! HAH! ďOh, thank you so much Mr. Partner for hiring me. Yes, I know Iím ignorant. It will be my pleasure to bill out 2300 hours for you and your esteemed colleagues! Working on Saturdays? Oh! No problem! I didnít have much interest in raising a family, anyway. I live to serve! Would you like to see my ass? I tattooed my favorite parts of the USCA on there! Also, donít worry about those loan re-payments I have. I am going to cut out my kidney with a pocket knife and sell it on Craigslist.Ē Unbelievable! Itís a big f-iní pyramid scheme - and government lawyers are no better. Those clowns do a half assed job until theyíre 55, then peace out and take home 1/3 of the salary through some absurd retirement program that will ultimately lead to hiring freezes and a cashless government.

I think Iím just going to open up my own firm. McNasty, LLP. Keep it real, yíall - and donít let the man hold you down.

If you didn't know the bolded before going into law school, then you clearly didn't do your research before starting law school.  Too bad for you for not going in with open eyes - these kind of learning experiences suck, don't they?  Not that it will make a difference, since you probably won't learn anything from it at all.

And seriously?  Stop your bitching.  Waaa...employers haven't had the time to lavish the attention I deserve on me!  Waaaa...the economy sucks and I can't find a job!  Waaa....I expected a job to be handed to me and it wasn't!  **pouts**.  Waaa...a big firm (which won't hire me anyway) expects me to work hard for the 6 figure salary they pay me!

Grow up.  As Matthies said, welcome to life.  It's a female dog. 

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 07:21:47 AM »
They harass and ridicule their new brethren (as if that hadnít already happened enough in school) - and attempt to take them for all their worth, and expect us to be GREATFUL for the wonderful opportunities they provide!

It's grateful.
Probably why you can't get a job. HTH.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
I have to tag this as well.  This makes me feel a lot better about my job prospects, if these are the people I'll be competing against.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."