Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If I get into to my ED school, how soon must I withdraw my other applications?  (Read 3683 times)

bt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Good point

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OP, the Yale admissions blog answered a mailbag question this week about individuals applying ED.  They said they receive updates from peer schools regarding students who applied ED and were accepted at those schools and they immediately remove them from application consideration.  Assuming this is a standard practice, you can try and see if you're Harvard material, but they'll certainly take the liberty of withdrawing your application for you.

I just got a letter from Columbia that reads:

We have been informed by the University of Pennsylvania Law School that you have been admitted there under its binding Early Decision Program, and we applaud you on this accomplishment. As Penn Law's Early Decision Program is binding, we have withdrawn your application to Columbia Law School from further consideration.

Just read your contract. Not meaning to lash out at you, but people on this board seem to have a really difficult time understanding a pretty easy concept. BINDING. Meaning withdraw from all schools. All means all. Not some. All.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The real question is.....why the @#!* did you apply ED to Columbia in the first place with a 172/3.88

I get the sense that it's an AFC East type of application cycle.  There are many strong candidates, and app volume is up because of the economy.  I don't think that 172/3.88 was a lock at CLS, or Chicago, or even NYU during my app cycle, so it's not entirely unreasonable.

More importantly, the Patriots will win the division, when the Jets beat the Dolphins.  You heard it here first.  :)

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
OP, the Yale admissions blog answered a mailbag question this week about individuals applying ED.  They said they receive updates from peer schools regarding students who applied ED and were accepted at those schools and they immediately remove them from application consideration.  Assuming this is a standard practice, you can try and see if you're Harvard material, but they'll certainly take the liberty of withdrawing your application for you.

I just got a letter from Columbia that reads:

We have been informed by the University of Pennsylvania Law School that you have been admitted there under its binding Early Decision Program, and we applaud you on this accomplishment. As Penn Law's Early Decision Program is binding, we have withdrawn your application to Columbia Law School from further consideration.

Just read your contract. Not meaning to lash out at you, but people on this board seem to have a really difficult time understanding a pretty easy concept. BINDING. Meaning withdraw from all schools. All means all. Not some. All.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised ED information is released to other schools and they're allowed to contact you about it.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm really not. I'm actually 80% sure I saw something in Penn's contract about releasing your ED contract info to peer schools. Besides, why should you mind if you get in ED? You were going to withdraw anyway. Or at least you're supposed to. I beat Columbia to it in my case.  :D

grape

• View Profile
The real question is.....why the @#!* did you apply ED to Columbia in the first place with a 172/3.88

I get the sense that it's an AFC East type of application cycle.  There are many strong candidates, and app volume is up because of the economy.  I don't think that 172/3.88 was a lock at CLS, or Chicago, or even NYU during my app cycle, so it's not entirely unreasonable.

More importantly, the Patriots will win the division, when the Jets beat the Dolphins.  You heard it here first.  :)

I don't know, man.  CP10 lookin pretty good this year and I'm sure he'd like a little revenge.  What better way to do it than send Favre into retirement?