Law School Discussion

If I get into to my ED school, how soon must I withdraw my other applications?

bt

• View Profile
    • Email
Evidently law school applicants are a bit on edge at this time of year.  A question of this type is just too much for them to handle.    :o

It says, "Successful Early Decision candidates may not initiate any new law school applications and must withdraw other applications once notified of their Columbia acceptance in December.  Failure to honor these commitments will result in Columbia revoking its offer of admission."

My question is pretty simple: Columbia Law does not give a time frame for the withdrawal process. My question is, would it be an unethical breech of the Early Decision contract to wait a few days in the interest of alleviating my curiosity?

If the answer is yes, I can accept that. I'm just a bit surprised that people think this is a completely invalid question.

I think the time frame is implicit in the words "once notified."  From what I've read, ED applicants were sent a scanned copy of their admissions letter, correct?  That is the official date and time of your notification.  Keep your other applications in at your peril, as CLS makes plain that "[f]ailure to honor these commitments will result in Columbia revoking its offer of admission."  If knowing if you're "Harvard material" is that worth it to you, then by all means, go for it.

Matthies

• View Profile
Why don't you read the contract that you signed?  What does it say?

It says, "Successful Early Decision candidates may not initiate any new law school applications and must withdraw other applications once notified of their Columbia acceptance in December.  Failure to honor these commitments will result in Columbia revoking its offer of admission."

My question is pretty simple: Columbia Law does not give a time frame for the withdrawal process. My question is, would it be an unethical breech of the Early Decision contract to wait a few days in the interest of alleviating my curiosity?

If the answer is yes, I can accept that. I'm just a bit surprised that people think this is a completely invalid question.
[/quote]

Your time frame is right there, if anything the best you can argue, and you'd lose, is its modfied by "in December"

ClashCityRocker

• know your rights
    • View Profile
Evidently law school applicants are a bit on edge at this time of year.  A question of this type is just too much for them to handle.    :o

Ahahahaha. Yeah, it seems like it. I withdraw the question then. If I wanted this kind of fight, I'd go hassle my roommate - but I'm not really one for arguing online.

Actually, it says:
"Early Decision candidates to Columbia most certainly may apply to other law schools while applying to Columbia on an Early Decision basis,  However, they must do so fully realizing that (1) they are required to withdraw immediately all other law school applications when notified of their acceptance to Columbia as an Early decision candidate; (2) decline any acceptances they may have received prior to admission to Columbia under the Early Decision plan..."

emphasis added.  hth.

econtutorNV

• Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • Email
If you get into Colombia you've already won. Why would you want to play chicken with the adcomms again?

yea dont you like, want to be a lawyer or something?