Law School Discussion

Safeties for 3.9/172?

Re: Safeties for 3.9/172?
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »
Blah, blah, blah, I have great numbers and know how to use LSN, yet no one told me they love me today. I KNOW! I'll go on LSD and make a completely useless post so that other people can tell me how awesome I am.

STOP.

no offense heartbreaker, but you've gotten awfully crabby in the past couple days. what gives?

None taken. Chances posts are usually annoying, but even more so when the poster has already looked at LSN and seen that they have great chances. These kinds of posts are just seeking ego-stroking and validation, and its obnoxious. Although, point taken that I've been crankier than usual. End of the semester stress + idiotic posts = crabby HB.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 05:50:16 PM »
How about validation posting from 176 and 3.95 freaking out over TS1 in early Nov?

Absolutely no reason to think you wouldn't get in Harvard at thanksgiving but you still kept posting messages to let people stroke your ego and had no qualms about it.

Get the right perspective folks. Everyone has irrational fears about this whole process. Your irrational fears were no more rational than the OP's. If it makes someone sleep a little better at night, than so be it. Isn't that what this board is for? Help people through the process.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »
Get the right perspective folks. Everyone has irrational fears about this whole process. Your irrational fears were no more rational than the OP's. If it makes someone sleep a little better at night, than so be it. Isn't that what this board is for? Help people through the process.

Heartily agreed.

goaliechica

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »
people who have been around for a while (e.g. goalie)

Cheap shot  :D :-[

goaliechica

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 06:51:38 PM »
people who have been around for a while (e.g. goalie)

Cheap shot  :D :-[

you were the only example present in this thread.  :P

and it wasn't a shot.  ;)

::mumbles about glass houses::

Your example would probably work better if I gave helpful advice more often. But I suppose you gave helpful advice to the OP, so at least one old-timer is carrying his weight  :P

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »
::mumbles about glass houses::

Your example would probably work better if I gave helpful advice more often. But I suppose you gave helpful advice to the OP, so at least one old-timer is carrying his weight  :P

for the record, i've been around even longer than goalie.  i just didn't want to presume that i had contributed something useful.  ;)

And even if you had, it was probably d-dubbed long ago.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »
 ::)

It was a joke.

Next time I'll include an emoticon to make it more obvious.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 08:37:36 PM »
Thanks for all the responses; sorry for the "stupid" question...

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »
Come to Columbia!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »
Believe me - as soon as they invite me, I'll be there!