Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Curriculum B?  (Read 1533 times)

ace0260

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
GULC Curriculum B?
« on: December 01, 2008, 02:36:06 AM »
can anyone speak to this a bit? I like the idea of an alternative education which includes philosophy and economics but I'm not willing to sacrifice a legal education to do this. To clarify, law school is a professional school and practical education is necessary but it would seem engaging to throw in some theory. thoughts on the program? thoughts on career implications?

- pretty specific questions directed at GULC students, thanks in advance

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: GULC Curriculum B?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:39:46 AM »
Hmmm.

I think one poster (Lily - I think) did this.  She seemed to really like it.  I haven't seen her around much, so I don't know how available she is to help though.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
I was not in section 3 (Curriculum B), but I know people who were. I wouldn't worry about missing out on your education. They still learned all the importaint concepts. My Property prof usually teaches curriculum B and didn't change the class much for us, so I got a taste. The only thing that was really different was that he substituted a bunch of law and economics stuff for the rule against perpituities. I hear most people hate learning the rule against perpituities, so I suppose it worked out well.

Overall, section 3 people tend to be more public-interest oriented and less likely to want to do biglaw. They also tend to have a sense of community that can sometimes be lacking in other sections. I would caution that you may find the curve more difficult in the section, because it is made up of people who have voluntarily signed on for extra work (not sure if it actually is extra work, but it is advertised as such).
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »
I was not in section 3 (Curriculum B), but I know people who were. I wouldn't worry about missing out on your education. They still learned all the importaint concepts. My Property prof usually teaches curriculum B and didn't change the class much for us, so I got a taste. The only thing that was really different was that he substituted a bunch of law and economics stuff for the rule against perpituities. I hear most people hate learning the rule against perpituities, so I suppose it worked out well.

Wait, you got to skip the RAP? What kind of legal education are they giving you in those top 14 schools? If your case books have pictures I'm going to hurt someone bad.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »

Wait, you got to skip the RAP? What kind of legal education are they giving you in those top 14 schools? If your case books have pictures I'm going to hurt someone bad.

My property casebook had pictures  ;D

Don't worry Matthies- I hear it's still a few years before they start giving the T14 bar exam (for T14 graduates only of course).
Georgetown Law Graduate

Now who's being naive?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:43:04 PM »

My property casebook had pictures  ;D

Don't worry Matthies- I hear it's still a few years before they start giving the T14 bar exam (for T14 graduates only of course).

A- curve on the bar exam?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »

Low pass/Pass/Honors if you go to Yale (not actually possible to fail).
Georgetown Law Graduate

Now who's being naive?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 04:13:09 PM »

Seriously, that just a bad idea gradewise even if you go to Yale

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »

Seriously, that just a bad idea gradewise even if you go to Yale
Mr. Kasm?

Nah,
Sir Kasm!