Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Essays?  (Read 212 times)

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Essays?
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:12:17 PM »
Is it considered bad form to submit additional essays after your application has gone complete? I ask because the more I'm thinking about it the more I want to go to Virginia, though I didn't really feel this way when I applied. I submitted a personal statement and a diversity statement, which is already more than they ask for in the application, but I'm wondering if I should send a "Why Virginia?" essay or something like that. I have good reasons for wanting to go there (namely, Virginia is a place I would be happy living, and my uncle is a professor at Virginia's engineering department), so the essay wouldn't sound fake.

I'm probably completely over-analyzing the situation (I'm starting finals this week, so I'm spending a lot of time with my own thoughts and a bit on edge already), but I'd like to hear what people think. I've also already been accepted at some good schools, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I just had to wait and see. Thanks!

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Essays?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »
I'd save it for a waitlist, or at least until after several months of not hearing anything.