Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Silly addendum questions  (Read 1095 times)

katx

• View Profile
    • Email
Silly addendum questions
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »
Is there a specific format for it?  Do you just write "Addendum" for the title and a paragraph or two essay style under?  If you want to explain more than one thing, do you do an Addendum 1, 2... or do a separate document for each?

Not sure how to start mine, but I want to explain why I took the LSAT twice...

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
Re: Silly addendum questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:56:13 PM »
Is there a specific format for it?  Do you just write "Addendum" for the title and a paragraph or two essay style under?  If you want to explain more than one thing, do you do an Addendum 1, 2... or do a separate document for each?

Were your two scores very far apart?  Taking it twice isn't so unusual.  I had to take it twice and my scores were 7 points apart (a sizable difference) but I didn't write any addenda... of course I haven't gotten in anywhere yet (sent them in yesterday).

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:16:04 AM »

Were your two scores very far apart?  Taking it twice isn't so unusual.  I had to take it twice any my scores were 7 points apart (a sizable difference) but I didn't write any addenda... of course I haven't gotten in anywhere yet (sent them in yesterday).

Agreed. If you showed slight improvement, that's natural and doesn't need to be explained. If you had a big jump, you might want to give adcoms a reason to see your higher score as more indicative of your abilities (but please dont use that word)
Best of luck to everyone!

logickills

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 01:19:05 AM »
agree with what everyone has written so far.  probably best not to include an addendum about two LSATs unless there is an overwhelming reason to do so.  i took the LSAT twice (decided to cancel the first time), and i didnt bother to explain it anywhere on any of my applications.  well, except for yale.  one of their essays asks how you prepared for the LSAT, and i worked my reasons for canceling into how i prepared because i thought it was awkward to say that i took a class for two months, then did nothing for six months, then studied for another month before taking the LSAT.  yale is never going to let me in so i just tried to be as entertaining as possible with all aspects of their application, but that's a whole 'nother story.
accepted: duke, georgetown, fordham $$, umich $$, nyu!, uchicago, uva, gw
pending: berkeley (rejected), yale (rejected), stanford, harvard, columbia (WL), upenn (WL)
lsn: logickills

katx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »
It was a 7-point difference, and it's still not that high.  But I wanted to explain that I was working full time and what I did differently.  I heard that it's a good idea to explain since they will want to know anyways.

Thanks and gluck - I'm still working on my apps and hoping to have something in before Xmas.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
I had a 5 pt increase and didn't write an addendum for that.  We'll see if that was a good idea after this application cycle :)
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French