Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UPenn 2012!!  (Read 3629 times)

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UPenn 2012!!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »
Sure, sorry to jump on you. Perhaps my 'obnoxious' radar is too sensitive... :)

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:43:26 AM »
I wasn't trying to be obnoxious, I was just wondering if there was someone who actually applied to Penn last year who had a guess. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I got the call two days ago and mine still says under committee review. I got my GULC acceptance over a month ago and it still says "pending." Calm down. He said letters won't be going out til late next week.

TimMitchell

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 09:07:22 AM »
I wasn't trying to be obnoxious, I was just wondering if there was someone who actually applied to Penn last year who had a guess. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I got the call two days ago and mine still says under committee review. I got my GULC acceptance over a month ago and it still says "pending." Calm down. He said letters won't be going out til late next week.

When you talked to him did you ask him about my application status?

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

When you talked to him did you ask him about my application status?

lol. I didn't answer the phone (thank god or else I would've been screaming and stammering) so it was a voicemail that I checked about 20 minutes after the call. But I totally would have if I'd answered it!

Fulbrighter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
I thought I would jump in.  Class of 2012 after deferring last year.  I'm looking forward to three years at Penn...it's about time that's for sure.
Penn Law Class of 2011

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 11:02:59 AM »
woo! Mahler do you know anybody who lives at Domus and likes it? It's kind of hard to beat pet-friendly across the street from the law building  :D

What kind of pet do you have?  It's really easy to find places that take cats, but dogs are another story.  I live in Domus and really like it (although I was less of a fan 1L year when I lived on the pool side of the building and got no sunlight ever).  Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about Domus, or finding somewhere to live with a dog, or whatever.  :)

BTW, for those of you looking at Domus -- it's actually not a bad deal (all things considered) if you get a roommate or two and share a 2br or 3br.  It's the 1brs that are really expensive.

Oh, and welcome to Penn! :D
UPenn '10

lawstudent2012

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »
New member to this board, and UPENN 2012 as well.

I also applied for this past fall, but instead of deferring, I was deferred (only offered admission for fall 09 even though I applied for fall 08).  It's been a LONG wait, looking forward to it.