Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UPenn 2012!!  (Read 3699 times)

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UPenn 2012!!
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »
Alright so I realize this is ridiculously early but who cares - I'm freaking pumped. Plus I figure once more ED people start hearing there'll be a bit more interest, even if Penn gets a bad rap on this board.

My sister and I are going down to University City tomorrow (the neighborhood UPenn is in, if you're not familiar with Philly) to check out the scene and see how far north/west we can go before we get mugged. I know we shouldn't be looking for apartments until like May, but scoping out the area isn't too creepy, right? There's also a great bubble tea place nearby, which I'm sure we'll hit up at some point. Even though I won't be 21 until a couple weeks into 1L, it'll still be cool to check out the bar scene as well.

Other future Penn 1Ls and perhaps current 1Ls, feel free to jump in ;D

TimMitchell

Re: UPenn 2012!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39:40 AM »
::hopes and prays::

TimMitchell

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:49:18 AM »

I came in here thinking you had been accepted Tim... don't tease me like that! 

Congrats again PSU :) 

Thanks Kasm! Unfortunatly no call yet, although since I took the Oct LSAT and applied right on the deadline I'm not realistically expecting anything until mid December. But still... ::stares at phone::

TimMitchell

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »

If IveLeague2be gets accepted earlier than you, wouldn't that be a huge kick in the pants?  You need to get in before that guy.

He's taking the Dec LSAT, plus he's dosen't think Penn is Ivy League so he won't be applying here anyway  :P

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:47:09 PM »
Sigh. I'm caught between defending my UG Penn State and smugly chuckling because of my law school, Penn. I can see huge moral dilemmas occurring in my future.  :(

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »
I'm not ED, but my application status recently changed to "Under Committee Review". Does that mean they are making a decision?

I'm not expecting anything great because I didn't write the "Why Penn?" essay. It's not my first choice, though.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:44:49 PM »
I'm not ED, but my application status recently changed to "Under Committee Review". Does that mean they are making a decision?

I'm not expecting anything great because I didn't write the "Why Penn?" essay. It's not my first choice, though.

No, it means they're reading your file.

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »

Well, yeah, of course they are reading it. Is there anyone with experience from this last year? Thanks.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »

Well, yeah, of course they are reading it. Is there anyone with experience from this last year? Thanks.

Dude, way to be obnoxious. It means that your app is complete and it's circulating around the admissions committee. There is no correlation between this and when you get your acceptance. It's just another stage of the review process.

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
I wasn't trying to be obnoxious, I was just wondering if there was someone who actually applied to Penn last year who had a guess. Sorry if it sounded that way.