Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DA Offices That Are Still Hiring?  (Read 2902 times)

Jobless 5000

• View Profile
DA Offices That Are Still Hiring?
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:58:51 PM »
Anyone know of any DA offices that are still accepting applications? Thanks!  ;D

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: DA Offices That Are Still Hiring?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »
Uh...any preference among the thousands of counties across the united states??  Or perhaps narrow it down to at least a couple of the 50 states? ::)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:07:19 AM »
My impression is that there are few enough hiring that the question is probably not too hard to answer without the geographical narrowing. :-\

Here's one: Miami-Dade State's Attorney's Office: http://www.miamisao.com/employment/asa/application_procedures.htm
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Jobless 5000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
Fair enough. Anywhere that will consider me without already being a member of that state's bar. I'm interested in counties on the east coast, NYC and south. Some cities of interest are: Charleston, Charlotte, Savannah, Atlanta, etc.

Also interested in Public Defender's Offices in those same cities.

Thanks! :)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
As far as I know without having contacted any of those offices directly, but having looked at their websites and on all of the job databases available, none of those public defenders is hiring.  Good luck!

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Sh!thead

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 06:22:05 PM »
As far as I know without having contacted any of those offices directly, but having looked at their websites and on all of the job databases available, none of those public defenders is hiring.  Good luck!

Which databases?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »

Which databases?

PSLawnet, Idealist, my school's Symplicity, state government websites, etc.  Do you have other information I should know about?

Sh!thead

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »
No. Those are the ones I know about. Though I've never heard of idealist before. Any good?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 06:36:54 PM »
No. Those are the ones I know about. Though I've never heard of idealist before. Any good?

Not for entry-level legal jobs, generally, but it's easy to search and worth checking. 

NYC3L

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
Brooklyn NY has a March 1 deadline, though you may not start next september. Queens NY is still looking... they hire a lot in spring for a september start date. Bronx and Manhattan are done accepting apps, though still interviewing their picks.