Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.1 / 164 - chance at fordham?  (Read 1552 times)

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3.1 / 164 - chance at fordham?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
I'm trying to decide whether to apply FT and then if/when I get rejected have them consider me for PT, or if I should just go PT from the start. Anyone have a clue how easy it is to move from PT to FT once you're attending?

JDLLMCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »
Just saw on LSN that a candidate was admitted into the part time program with 164/3.15

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:03 PM »
I'm trying to decide whether to apply FT and then if/when I get rejected have them consider me for PT, or if I should just go PT from the start. Anyone have a clue how easy it is to move from PT to FT once you're attending?

I don't know from personal experience, but documents available at the website suggest that it's mostly an administrative matter.  See, e.g., http://law.fordham.edu/documents/reg-2TransferBetweenDivisions_2007.pdf, http://law.fordham.edu/documents/reg-divtransform.pdf
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »
I decided to just apply PT and see what happens. I obviously have a much better shot, statistically. Also, I talked to admissions and they said if I get in and want to switch to FT, I can just take two summer courses after the first year and then join in with the 2Ls in the fall. Seems pretty reasonable. If I do end up going there, I can just work a bit during my first year of PT and try to be slightly less in debt.

lawboy81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »

I've heard it's supposd to be easy to transfer from PT ro FT, but can't verify it.  I'm also wondering if it's bettert o just apply to PT or try FT and indicate I'd accept PT.

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 02:59:13 AM »
Well it says you have to choose one and then, if denied, submit a request in writing to be considered for the other... so I'm not sure if they'd accept something in your original app saying you'd take either, since you're not allowed to apply for both at once. My interpretation is that you'd have to wait until you get a decision on FT and then (if it's "no") send them a letter saying you'll take PT, and then wait again for another decision.

JDLLMCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 09:17:12 PM »
If you attend "evening" (i.e., part time) program, are you allowed to take classes during the day?