Law School Discussion

Be Careful How You Represent Yourself!

MahlerGrooves

• See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
Re: Be Careful How You Represent Yourself!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »
I think he was right not to reconcile two decisions he made.  It was a baited question.

And I like that he went no further regarding the conferences than anyone has already.  He preserved some mystery there.

Well, on the latter, I think he could have at least thrown us a bone--a funny story or something.  And that's why I asked about the Q&A--I was the one who submitted the question about Raich and Lopez.  I was genuinely curious about what he would say, and I was disappointed when he didn't answer. 

It was a good question, but I knew he wasn't going to answer.  He did something similar in Philly. 

Wanna PM me with what school you go to?  I may have met you and not known it!

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 09:02:01 AM »
I think he was right not to reconcile two decisions he made.  It was a baited question.

And I like that he went no further regarding the conferences than anyone has already.  He preserved some mystery there.

Well, on the latter, I think he could have at least thrown us a bone--a funny story or something.  And that's why I asked about the Q&A--I was the one who submitted the question about Raich and Lopez.  I was genuinely curious about what he would say, and I was disappointed when he didn't answer. 

Can't answer. Intellectually bankrupt. No actual overarching theory, only results he'd like to see, like the rest of the judiciary.

/legal realist.

SASS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 09:36:20 AM »
I am amazed at how little some people know about social grace . . . How embarrassing. I can't stand Scalia but the man still deserves respect when he is speaking! Any speaker at an event like this does. Unfortunately, this gives a bad impression of SMU, whether fair or not.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:17 AM »

Can't answer. Intellectually bankrupt. No actual overarching theory, only results he'd like to see, like the rest of the judiciary.

/legal realist.

Well he answered it in his Raich concurrence.  And I imagine he could answer.  I just wanted to see if his answer would be the same one as was in his opinion. 

SASS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 09:50:59 AM »
OMG! Did someone actually ask him that! Wow.

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »
Wow.  That's just inappropriate.  Funny as hell, but inappropriate.

In Philly, he wouldn't answer a question about whether or not he has ever made an attorney cry during oral arguments.  That would have been a fun one too!

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »
Wow.  That's just inappropriate.  Funny as hell, but inappropriate.

not suitable for polite company, in my not-so-humble (why lie?) opinion.

go study.

LOL.  Okok!

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
LOL.  Okok!

and take your little friend with you.  :P

(because she should go study too, not because i'm trying to get rid of her or anything.)

Hehe.  Ok!  Does it get better after 1st semester?  After 1L?

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »
She's right.  I did go skiing on Friday.  And was generally lazy yesterday.

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 10:33:14 AM »
I feel a little unwanted... sigh

And ive been studying significantly more than MG  :D  I deserve breaks

okay then, you're allowed to be here during breaks.  mahler on the other hand has to study 16 hours a day for the next few weeks without breaks (lsd, bathroom or otherwise).

Weak.  Better go buy diapers then.