Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is this really what an acceptance letter looks like. . . ?  (Read 10645 times)

ClashCityRocker

• know your rights
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Is this really what an acceptance letter looks like. . . ?
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »
So tonight I got an email that said I'd been accepted for admission to Duke Law. However, in the next paragraph, it said that I "will be officially admitted to Duke Law when [they] conclude the scholarship review process," and that I would either need to apply for financial aid/ merit scholarships or waive access to the scholarship program, before I get my "official" acceptance in January.
Is this how most acceptance letters look? If this isn't an "official" acceptance, then what the hell is it? Should I tell my mom that I got in, or should I keep my mouth shut until January in case they rescind their offer (since it's not yet "official")?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is this really what an acceptance letter looks like. . . ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:30:46 PM »
So tonight I got an email that said I'd been accepted for admission to Duke Law. However, in the next paragraph, it said that I "will be officially admitted to Duke Law when [they] conclude the scholarship review process," and that I would either need to apply for financial aid/ merit scholarships or waive access to the scholarship program, before I get my "official" acceptance in January.
Is this how most acceptance letters look? If this isn't an "official" acceptance, then what the hell is it? Should I tell my mom that I got in, or should I keep my mouth shut until January in case they rescind their offer (since it's not yet "official")?

Looks like you're in to me. It's enough that you might be able to sue them if they decline you later, and that counts in my book.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

ClashCityRocker

• know your rights
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »
Can't sue nobody without a law degree first.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »
Can't sue nobody without a law degree first. . .

Sure you can. That's what lawyers do, but you'll learn about them soon enough. ;)
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:43:02 AM »

In a few days, you will get a more official looking package in the mail.  Quit worrying... you're in!
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

Jasper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:32:25 AM »
yeah i guess John Jarndyce is right. There is no need to worry about. You'll get your official mail pretty soon. Do let us know about that.Awaiting good news...  :o
Preparing for the testking 70-643 exam? provide best  testking 642-446 test prep answers and dumps.

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »
yeah i guess John Jarndyce is right. There is no need to worry about. You'll get your official mail pretty soon. Do let us know about that.Awaiting good news...  :o

Dude, this post is like 8 months old. There was no need to post this. Pretty sure she's gotten his letter at this point. Plus if you had bothered to check her LSN account, you would see that she got into Harvard anyway...so Duke really doesn't matter.