Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who should write my 2nd LOR?  (Read 1006 times)

hmlee

• View Profile
    • Email
Who should write my 2nd LOR?
« on: November 24, 2008, 09:46:14 PM »
Hi all... brand spankin new as of today. I asked a question over in the personal statements area, but of course I have a question on LORs too. I've got one LOR from a professor here who knows me really well (i've taken two classes from him and done really well, and he also happened to be my B.A. thesis advisor)... but I'm really struggling as to which person to ask for a second letter. I know that second letters aren't required for all schools, but it could only help, right?

Here are my options:

1. Another professor from my division. I took one class with him and did really well, and I see him occasionally through my job so there's at least some familiarity there.

2. My boss. I work in tech support for the social sciences division at my University and have done so for two years. Initially I worked as a student employee, but since graduation I've worked there full time. My boss knows me really well and (coincidentally) happens to also be a graduate of my university (Go University of Chicago!)...

3. My B.A. thesis preceptor, who is a grad student in the Ph.D. program in political science (my division). We were both students in the same class (when I took a glass in the graduate department), and later she was my preceptor and leader of my B.A. thesis colloquium.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who should write my 2nd LOR?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:39:17 PM »
Professor. Always get LORs for academic stuff from academics if at all possible.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.