Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NEED HELP!! Must pick a school !! U Miami vs. Chicago-Kent  (Read 1137 times)

resjudicata

• View Profile
NEED HELP!! Must pick a school !! U Miami vs. Chicago-Kent
« on: November 24, 2008, 09:07:04 PM »
Hey PLEASE do not make your decisions based on the US news rankings. Which one you think is a better school, my interests are $$, prestige and reputation. ???

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEED HELP!! Must pick a school !! U Miami vs. Chicago-Kent
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »
Miami, hands down. People everywhere know of The U, no one anywhere besides IL and the surrounding states has heard of Kent.

A good football program is worth its weight in platinum, and the school is pretty good too.

Also, I have no idea what Kent is ranked, just where Miami is ranked. But @#!* it, Miami holds it down just fine.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

resjudicata

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »
10X Ninja! i was thinking the same, kent is supposedly a better school as to US News but i agree with you. btw i am still waiting to hear from FSU! 

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »
I hope this is flame. If you want to work in Miami, go to UMiami. If you want to work in Chicago, go to Kent. Both are regional/local law schools.

Air Force JAG Corps

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:56:41 AM »
10X Ninja! i was thinking the same, kent is supposedly a better school as to US News but i agree with you. btw i am still waiting to hear from FSU! 

Good luck friend. Let me know if you end up here, I'd be happy to help you in any way that I can.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:25:48 AM »
Hey PLEASE do not make your decisions based on the US news rankings. Which one you think is a better school, my interests are $$, prestige and reputation. ???

If your interests are "&&, prestige and reputation," then neither of those schools fits the bill....

As the above poster said, choose based on where you want to work as they are both highly regional schools.

resjudicata

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »
My problem is that i am from CA and most likely would want to go and practice in LA. I was trying to chose based on  which school would reach out as better in name, reputation etc. in the LA market. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »
Well no offense, but neither of those schools are going to have any pull in the CA market.  Maybe if you were like TOP of your class, but otherwise it's just not going to happen.  They are regional schools.

If you want to practice in CA, then go to a regional Cali school.

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »
Well no offense, but neither of those schools are going to have any pull in the CA market.  Maybe if you were like TOP of your class, but otherwise it's just not going to happen.  They are regional schools.

If you want to practice in CA, then go to a regional Cali school.

Second. I went to U Miami undergrad... the law school's facilities aren't the best either. Both cities are expensive. Just decide whether you want snow and crime or hurricanes and crime.

resjudicata

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
Hey neo, was there any major crime that occurred on campus in your time at UM?