Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: John Marshall-Chicago  (Read 1828 times)

randyers09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
John Marshall-Chicago
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:29:25 AM »
What are your thoughts on the school? Does anybody here attend the school? What about a visit?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: John Marshall-Chicago
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:35:26 AM »
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »
john marshall is generally considered the worst law school in chicago, so you'd be competing with uchicago, northwestern, university of illinois, de paul, and loyola, including all the other t14ers who want to come work here. honestly, i wouldn't recommend it.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
john marshall is generally considered the worst law school in chicago, so you'd be competing with uchicago, northwestern, university of illinois, de paul, and loyola, including all the other t14ers who want to come work here. honestly, i wouldn't recommend it.

And Chicago-Kent

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 04:52:55 PM »

And Chicago-Kent

yes.....i seriously can't keep track of all of them! so 6 chicago area schools, with almost all de paul, chicago-kent, and loyola grads staying in chicago, plus a pretty healthy number of uchicago and NW and some others from other t14s. i just wouldn't risk it. de paul, loyola, and chicago-kent don't have amazing job prospects but they'll still give you a better opportunity than john marshall.