Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke Law Mordecai Scholarship  (Read 1272 times)

jubileeez

• View Profile
Duke Law Mordecai Scholarship
« on: November 22, 2008, 05:49:40 PM »
anyone else get the nomination email today?

does anyone know how many people get nominated and how many people get awarded the scholarship each year? it says that it's a full scholarship for all three years, but surely there's a contingency clause in there somewhere...? (i.e. maintaining a certain gpa?) any information would be appreciated. thanks!

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Duke Law Mordecai Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
I got the nomination today. Same questions!

dwhittaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »
I got it too, and would also like to know the answers to these questions!

I do know some people at Duke who have other named scholarships which don't have a contingency clause, but I'm not sure if that applies to this scholarship.

I imagine that a lot of people who get the nomination don't even interview for it, either because it's too hard for them to get there to interview or because they're not seriously considering Duke, but I'd really like to know how many people end up interviewing and how many end up getting the offer...

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »
I think I read somewhere on the admitted students' site or in an email or something that all merit rewards were guaranteed for 3 years, so I imagine that applies for the Mordecai.

What a sweet name for a scholarship, btw.

gtg931r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:10:25 PM »
I got the invite today too. Only catch is that I'm a overseas until the fall, so I don't know how doable the on-campus interview is for me. Details I'll have to try to work out in the coming days.