Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A request for the people who run this board  (Read 626 times)

kormybear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
A request for the people who run this board
« on: November 21, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
Could you start moving conversations and/or posts that don't have anything to do with law school to a "banter board" - ie a separate part of the board for people to discuss things like politics and racism and junk like that?  Maybe have an archives board as well for super old posts that are now worthless.  I used to be a pretty frequent poster/troller, but now it seems like all I see are ten page threads about the color of peoples skin at the admin office at UT.  Posts/threads like that have rendered this site almost uselessIt is no longer very informative, and I can almost get specific info about law school faster by googling than I can on this board. 

Sorry for the lame post.  It doesn't really discuss law school at all, so please move it to the banter-board.  Thanks.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
Re: A request for the people who run this board
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
You mean like an Off-Topic Board?

Yeah, we should have something like that...
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: A request for the people who run this board
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:35:19 PM »
OP, you may get farther if you post this on the Meta Discussion board, which is part of the Off-Topic Area: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,22.0.html

As non parata est insinuates, that there is also a General Off-Topic board there: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,18.0.html.  Most of the threads and posts you dislike (which the likes of me permeate) are on this board, or should be.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.