Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Firm Christmas Party  (Read 4008 times)

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Firm Christmas Party
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
the only people who didn't get offers where i summered were those who missed a lot of social events. unless you are running to the bathroom every five minutes to shomit you should absolutely go.

there's a difference between not going to a firm christmas party and skipping a lot of events during the summer.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »
the only people who didn't get offers where i summered were those who missed a lot of social events. unless you are running to the bathroom every five minutes to shomit you should absolutely go.

there's a difference between not going to a firm christmas party and skipping a lot of events during the summer.

there is not.

bottom line: if you don't go to the firm christmas party, your offer's getting rescinded.  they don't CARE if you're thousands of miles away.

I'm going to your firm's Christmas party.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »

there is not.

bottom line: if you don't go to the firm christmas party, your offer's getting rescinded.  they don't CARE if you're thousands of miles away.

Seconded!  A lot of people weren't even INVITED to their firm's Christmas party.  Imagine being invited and then not attending.  Ha!  
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »
I'm going to your firm's Christmas party.

of course you are.  we worked at the same firm.  ???

you and your logic

Johnie Awesome

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »
Go to the Christmas party, drink a mass quantity of some hard liquor you haven't drank ever/in a long time.  Then spend the remainder of the night aggressively hitting on best looking girlfriend/wife/daughter of the most senior partner who has a lady with him that fits your intoxicated "standards." Then if the partner says something to you, tell him numerous ways that you believe he can improve his firm and practice.  Do that and you're golden.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »
Be sure to make a big fuss about the Christmas party, too.  (Hello, Jews?!)  Don't forget to give them a long diatribe about political correctness and how this should be a Holiday party.  Then relate your Kwanza plans and how Christmas is such a fake, commercial holiday.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
Be sure to make a big fuss about the Christmas party, too.  (Hello, Jews?!)  Don't forget to give them a long diatribe about political correctness and how this should be a Holiday party.  Then relate your Kwanza plans and how Christmas is such a fake, commercial holiday.

omg stop the War on Christmas!

I deem you an enemy combatant