Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Community Property vs. Professional Responsibility...which is easier?  (Read 729 times)

lsduser

• View Profile
I'm trying to take the "harder" one of these two required courses first.  Between these two, which is easier?

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Community Property vs. Professional Responsibility...which is easier?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
PR is easy, especially if your professor just focuses on the model rules (as opposed to making you learn and find distinctions between the new rules, old rules, and state code).

In general, try to take some bar classes toward the end of law school. In CA, PR is always tested, sometimes twice on the bar essays. Community property is a maybe. It's not really essential that you even take community property.

BlueBox77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 02:40:37 AM »
I thought PR was easier. If you have to take the MPRE, take it soon after you take the PR class. The MPRE isn't bad at all, but you'll feel better going into it if you take it with the class fresh in your memory.

lsduser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »
Thx for both of your replies.  At my own school, I got an answer to the effect of "Why are you asking this question...plus...It Depends."

You gave me your own experience and take on it, and that's very much appreciated.

jgsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »
take professional responsibility, You need to know it anyway.

Johnie Awesome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »
I would take Pro Rep to coincide with when you plan on taking the MPRE, if you're a 2L you'll probably want to take the MPRE this summer so you in case you don't pass you have the opprotunity to take it again in November.  At least at my school, the MPRE coincided with Spring Break. I was not staying around to take the MRPE in March.  Thankfully I passed the first time around, but its worth considering. 

If you plan on taking the MPRE in the summer I would take Pro Rep in the Spring or even the Summer if are willing to take summer classes.  There is no need to learn the material twice.