Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT on resume  (Read 22037 times)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT on resume
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2008, 03:33:44 AM »
LAST WORD.

there, now neither one of you can have it.

Haha, fair enough.  I'll let you two continue the last word battle, I'm gonna delete out cause I don't this in my unreads and pretty much all of my posts are quoted (some several times).

Not that you care dash, but I don't really have anything against you personally and know nothing about you outside of witnessing a few of your rants.....and in this case I thought your freak-out was pretty unnecessary/unwarranted since I think the guy was just trying to have a discussion in good faith, even if he was a bit annoying.  Forgetting about me and you for a second.....I think the mature thing for you to do would be to apologize to carothers, and maybe delete your tantrum.

:D

smh

Dude.  It's all patronizing all over the place and then we get this?  This rubbish? 

smh
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »
LAST WORD.

Haha, fair enough.  I'll let you two continue the last word battle, I'm gonna delete out cause I don't this in my unreads and pretty much all of my posts are quoted (some several times).

Not that you care dash, but I don't really have anything against you personally and know nothing about you outside of witnessing a few of your rants.....and in this case I thought your freak-out was pretty unnecessary/unwarranted since I think the guy was just trying to have a discussion in good faith, even if he was a bit annoying.  Forgetting about me and you for a second.....I think the mature thing for you to do would be to apologize to carothers, and maybe delete your tantrum.

:D

smh

Dude.  It's all patronizing all over the place and then we get this?  This rubbish? 

smh

Huh?  Are you talking about me patronizing dash?  I've never tried to be anything but patronizing to dash.

we must be working from different definitions.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2008, 04:01:33 AM »

we must be working from different definitions.

Alright. 

We've talked a lot about me in the last few pages.  Even if we can all agree I was a feminine hygiene product in this thread....clawing her eyes out cause a 1L is making a dumb argument?  Come on, let your SFLSD guard down for a second....even if you don't like me, you don't really support dash going psycho all the time do you?

it seems you're a bit focused on what dash thinks and does, but ok. 

I didn't think dash's statement was so awkward in context, and i haven't noticed dash "going psycho all the time." 

Maybe I don't pay attention as close as you do.

(This, and I'm being serious, doesn't really have anything to do with SFLSD relationships, my perception of you (honestly, I don't really have anything particularly flushed out yet) or my perception of dash.)

jmcarothers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2008, 04:58:43 AM »
I wasn't scared away and I'm not flame. The forum does seem to be incapable of supporting a rational discussion. You guys should try not to let your relationships and this SFLSD stuff, whatever that is, color the "advice" you give to law students. I think there are designated entertainment sections on the site where profanity, circle-jerking, and baseless personal attacks might be less counterproductive.

I won't post to this thread again. Anyone interested in the topic can read what's been said. There are only a couple of very simple propositions on either side.  It's clear that all parties are speculating, some more reasonably than others.

A note to readers: several posts have been inexplicably eliminated from the thread. The substance of the discussion is in the first several pages, and nothing of value was deleted, as far as I can tell.

Happy holidays all!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
Methinks the lady doth protest too much. He seems to care quite a bit, despite his repeated assertions to the contrary.

I also think it's precious that he keeps asserting that carothers was being perfectly polite. There is nothing polite about the discussional equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and humming when you ask for advice and receive an answer you didn't want.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »
LAST WORD.

I want it.

share it with me!
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

CST

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2008, 08:17:37 PM »
You guys need to stop giving the OP advice. The more people who do what he does, the better it is for the rest of you.

OP, thanks for making my day. When I read this, I had a good laugh. The odds of your resume getting read by an attorney when it has an LSAT on it are about 10%. The other 90% will immediately hit delete (or toss it in the trash if they are old school). An LSAT on a resume, if not requested, demonstrates immaturity, misplaced ego, and a lack of understanding about what skills firms are looking for.

Bored and Bitter Big Law Associate

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »
I think he should list it.  What putting the LSAT on his resume says, to me, is that he's not afraid to take chances, and I think that may be an asset in a world of spineless young associates who can't take the initiative to order lunch without consulting a higher-up.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »
i think its pretentious as hell, and is likely to piss somebody off

besides the fact that the lsat has no correlation as to skill as an attorney, nor even much of a correlation to success in law school.   
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2008, 11:23:37 PM »
Little known fact:

The most famous and excellent advocates of our time all got 180s on their LSAT.