Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT on resume  (Read 23279 times)

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: LSAT on resume
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 11:53:53 PM »
I suppose I've hit a nerve.

You haven't hit a nerve; we just think you're being a bit arrogant.

And thickheaded.  You got the advice you wanted, but instead chose not to listen to it so no one wants to bother giving you any more advice.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

jmcarothers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 11:55:21 PM »
Well when I got here, there was an unjustified prohibition on the practice. I think I've done a bit to make it seem a little more respectable. At least the reasoning behind the ban's been fleshed out.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 12:59:26 AM »
Oh My Jesus f-ing God. I am clawing my eyes out right now.

GET OVER YOUR TEST SCORE. FIND SOMETHING ELSE YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF. DO NOT PUT YOUR LSAT ON YOUR RESUME. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT.

THERE WERE NO NERVES HIT; YOU'RE JUST AN ENORMOUS f-ing feminine hygiene product.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

jmcarothers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 01:01:06 AM »

GET OVER YOUR TEST SCORE. FIND SOMETHING ELSE YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF. DO NOT PUT YOUR LSAT ON YOUR RESUME. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT.

THERE WERE NO NERVES HIT; YOU'RE JUST AN ENORMOUS f-ing feminine hygiene product.

Relax!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 01:03:07 AM »
Guys? How much do I love f-ing 1Ls telling me to "relax"? I always forget.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »

TITMFCR.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »
Um...you have done absolutely nothing to make "the practice" seem more acceptable.  You have done a great job in making yourself out to be a giant, stubborn douchbag who thinks one test score makes him worthy of getting a job.  I really think you are severely underestimating the negative impact this will have on people viewing your application.  I for one would immediately dislike you as an applicant if I saw your lsat score.  You'd have to have something pretty spectacular to overcome that much of a negative reaction (and let's face it - if you had something spectacular, you wouldn't be putting your lsat score on your resume anyway).

You LSAT says pretty much nothing about you other than your ability to take a standardized test.  As a lawyer, I couldn't care ANY less about that particular skill.  I care about how you did in undergrad, about how you did in law school, and about your activities, work experience and life experience.  So even if you don't immediately turn someone off by the LSAT score, you still seem to be showing poor judgment.  Every single word on your resume should be geared toward showing an employer that you'd be valuable to them.  Anything that doesn't do so needs to go.  You're wasting the employer's time with anything that doesn't achieve that, and that's the last thing you want to do when that decision-maker is sifting through a huge stack of resumes.

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
I suppose I've hit a nerve.

You haven't hit a nerve; we just think you're being a bit arrogant.

And thickheaded.  You got the advice you wanted, but instead chose not to listen to it so no one wants to bother giving you any more advice.

This is what I always find most amazing.

< Has a very high LSAT for his school and will definitely not be letting it get anywhere near his resume.
B < PL

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 09:59:06 PM »
Obviously the other reasons remain, but won't firms already know about your poor UG GPA? I would assume UG GPA is a standard thing to put on your resume. Therefore, either they see you have a bad GPA, or they see you have a bad enough GPA that you want to keep it a secret. I mean, if you have a 3.0, maybe they'll assume it was a 3.2, but I don't think you can really hide too much. 

jmcarothers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »
If they're rational about it, they won't care so much about a low UG GPA. After all, most literate people can swing a 3.7+ in the humanities if they're so inclined.