Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where can I find places to apply  (Read 4321 times)

wildcatz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where can I find places to apply
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 09:42:46 AM »
Trying this again. Anyone?

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »
What do I have to apologize about?  You got what you deserve.  I have a job.

If you wanna be an ass, that is your right, but when you aren't even IN law school yet you just sound like a moron.

umm...  being the joke police is a job?  in any case, if i were OP, in all seriousness, i would petition matthies for some help.  he's a wonderful resource for these kind of things. 

also, thanks kat for your more than gracious remarks.  i don't deserve all that. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 09:10:48 AM »

If you wanna be an ass, that is your right, but when you aren't even IN law school yet you just sound like a moron.

Dude, back off.  Tha Trev was joking.  If you'd ever get your head out of your rear you could tell that he's as self-deprecating as they come and a lot of folks around here enjoy his presence on these boards (myself included).  You, on the other hand, not so much.

I care because?  You folks that just joined this board and already have hundreds of posts crack me up. You talk just to hear yourself talk.  I called him out for making an ignorant comment.  I don't think the OP found his joke so funny. 

Nobody cares what a 0L has to say here.  Go back to the friggin prelaw boards with this garbage.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »

Dude, back off.  Tha Trev was joking.  If you'd ever get your head out of your rear you could tell that he's as self-deprecating as they come and a lot of folks around here enjoy his presence on these boards (myself included).  You, on the other hand, not so much.

I care because?  You folks that just joined this board and already have hundreds of posts crack me up. You talk just to hear yourself talk.  I called him out for making an ignorant comment.  I don't think the OP found his joke so funny. 

Nobody cares what a 0L has to say here.  Go back to the friggin prelaw boards with this garbage.

I'd like to respond in kind.
I care because? 

I've heard you respond with the same lame crap to people that have a lot more experience than I do.  I've never gotten onto the 2L boards and claimed to know anything about hiring (neither has Tha Trev, he was making a joke).  The fact that you "don't think OP found his joke funny" is completely meaningless.  Further, Matthies knows a lot more about hiring than most of the rest of LSD combined and you responded to him on a different thread by saying, "My dad's a judge."  Are you kidding me?  You should probably just quit life and go live with your judge dad for the rest of time.  Stop inflating your sense of self-worth.  No one else thinks your important, except maybe Judge Dad.  Lighten up, Francis.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »
I know plenty about the legal field and employment in general.  I'm a non-trad like Matthias (I think he is non-trad).  I've been working for 5 years.  Yet when I say anything you traditional law students don't want to hear, I suddenly become an evil jerk.  I tell it like it is and I don't sugar coat, but I also keep my mouth shut about *&^% I know nothing about.  Trev knows nothing about legal hiring, so he should just shut it.

You don't like what I have to say?  Don't read it jackass... Nobody is forcing you. My posts are easily avoided as I don't post a whole lot.  Hell, you have a much higher post count than I do and have been here less than half the time. 

Go outside, get a little air.... Maybe a life.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:55 AM »
to be completely fair, tha trev's comment was pretty out of line in my opinion.

and matthies knows plenty about hiring, but only for particular market segments.

Matthies' advice may not translate to every market, but it still is a lot more helpful than, "my dad's a judge, so listen to me."  That's my argument against Dude.  Whether Tha Trev's joke was funny or not is another story, but he was making a joke.  Dude, as always, had to blow his "I'm a really big deal" horn and make a big fuss about Tha Trev's comment.  Dude thinks others should bow down to anything he says, but he never gives good cause for his arguments except for, "listen to me, becaues I know these things."  An argument should be made of sterner stuff.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
I know plenty about the legal field and employment in general.  I'm a non-trad like Matthias (I think he is non-trad).  I've been working for 5 years.  Yet when I say anything you traditional law students don't want to hear, I suddenly become an evil jerk.  I tell it like it is and I don't sugar coat, but I also keep my mouth shut about poo I know nothing about.  Trev knows nothing about legal hiring, so he should just shut it.

You don't like what I have to say?  Don't read it jackass... Nobody is forcing you. My posts are easily avoided as I don't post a whole lot.  Hell, you have a much higher post count than I do and have been here less than half the time. 

Go outside, get a little air.... Maybe a life.

Why assume I'm a traditional law student?  I also never assumed you were an evil jerk.  I said you don't substantiate your claims and you have an inflated sense of self-worth.  I also keep my mouth shut about stuff I don't know about.  I've never weighed in on the plight of 2Ls in the current job market.  However, I can tell a joke when I see one.  You, on the other hand, are too busy strutting around on your high horse to notice humor.  That's your bad, not mine.  The fact that my post count is higher than yours doesn't mean I shouldn't refute a piece of crap argument when I see one.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 09:47:17 AM »
hold on, let's see if we can put together a story about what happened here:

1. OP says, i'm in serious trouble.  can people help me out?  (again, nalpdirectory.com)
2. tha trev says, "hey go apply to starbucks!  or not."  (haha, i'm being funny!)
3. thedudeman says, wtf OP actually has a problem and tha trev is just kicking him while he's down?  that's not funny.  i'm going to kick tha trev in a completely illogical and self-serving way.
4. chaos ensues.

is this pretty accurate?

It is now.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
Trying this again. Anyone?

See generally http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4013253.0.html

I love signals. You should add in a good explanatory parenthetical, however, for proper form.

See generally http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4013253.0.html (discussing various job hunting alternatives to OCI).