Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where can I find places to apply  (Read 4603 times)

wildcatz

• View Profile
    • Email
Where can I find places to apply
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
I'm top 50% at a T30 school; no luck with OCI. Even during OCI I sent mail and email to mid-sized firms; now I'm sending letters to small firms and looking online for government positions. I don't have a problem doing the work to send the applications; my question is where to find places to apply to. I've found small firms on martindale and in-house departments on lexis, but many of these firms and companies are just not hiring. Have I overlooked anything? Are there any web sites or databases I should be looking through?

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I find places to apply
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »
normally i'd say apply to starbucks, but shares are down 95% over the last quarter, and they're pretty much on a hiring freeze...

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »
normally i'd say apply to starbucks, but shares are down 95% over the last quarter, and they're pretty much on a hiring freeze...

Pretty arrogant post for someone who isn't even in law school yet and judging by their LSN account will be off to some crap school with little job prospects themselves....

wildcatz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
Pretty arrogant post for someone who isn't even in law school yet and judging by their LSN account will be off to some crap school with little job prospects themselves....

Thanks for lookin out. Anyone?

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:27:02 PM »

sorry if i offended.  i thought it was pretty funny.  i guess when it comes to hiring, these things are too serious to joke about.  my bad.  i'll reconsider before posting something like that again.

also, you're probably right...i'm gonna go to some crap school with little to no job prospects.  it's a shame.  hell, maybe i should just reconsider the whole thing alltogether.  thanks "dude man."

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
Hey, I'm just saying if you are going to act like an ass, you get what's coming.  If you were some Harvard prospect, maybe you could say something, but in a year when you find yourself in the OP's position you won't find your comment so funny.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
OP:  It sounds like you have most of it covered.  I assume you are trolling your school's job listing site (CRIS or whatnot).  Don't be afraid to use some well worded google searches to find firms that may have slipped through the crack.

It's time to whore up the CDO/Relatives/Friends for specific contacts.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:16 PM »
Hey, I'm just saying if you are going to act like an ass, you get what's coming.  If you were some Harvard prospect, maybe you could say something, but in a year when you find yourself in the OP's position you won't find your comment so funny.

interesting that you should suggest i put myself in someone else's shoes, especially after you said something equally (if not more) damning.  god the hypocrisy of people on the internet is freakin' amazing.  also, it's good to have the balls to apologize when you know you did something wrong (see my last post).  be a man, not a "dude man".

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:58 AM »
What do I have to apologize about?  You got what you deserve.  I have a job.

If you wanna be an ass, that is your right, but when you aren't even IN law school yet you just sound like a moron.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »
What do I have to apologize about?  You got what you deserve.  I have a job.

If you wanna be an ass, that is your right, but when you aren't even IN law school yet you just sound like a moron.

Dude, back off.  Tha Trev was joking.  If you'd ever get your head out of your rear you could tell that he's as self-deprecating as they come and a lot of folks around here enjoy his presence on these boards (myself included).  You, on the other hand, not so much.