Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does somebody have a list of top schools?  (Read 1901 times)

tag120

• View Profile
    • Test Anxiety Guru
Does somebody have a list of top schools?
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:14:56 AM »
I'm interested if there's a top 10 list (like US News) for distance learning law schools? Obviously accreditation is highly important.
Thinking of the Bar Exam
Test Anxiety Guru

melly717

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does somebody have a list of top schools?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
Hi-

I did all my research and the best online school i found was Concord law school.  Unfortunately online schools are not accredited by the ABA, but if you plan on practicing law in california you can sit for the california Bar.  There are other states that allow you to attend non-aba schools but you might want to check with the state bar of your state.  There are numnerous choices but I looked at the bar passage rate in for concord and it was alot better than the other schools.  Also, faculty was important to me so i researched the faculty and a lot of the professors teach at other law schools.  Concord's law books are the same used at UCLA school of law, and boalt law school amd other various law schools.  I researched their book list just to make sure i would get a decent education. 

Also, I have a full time career so going to school isnt an option for me, and I don't want to take on a large amount of debt so....  I would do as much research as you can. :)