Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best T14 Campus?  (Read 9012 times)

benh2os

• View Profile
Re: Best T14 Campus?
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »
I personally liked Duke's Campus. Good mix of the old and new with plenty of space and different places to study. Weather isn't bad either

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 03:17:07 PM »
Penn's UG campus is amazing - I'm not sure where the law school is in relation to it though.

The law school is on 34 and Chestnut/Sansom (depending on which door you use) and the UG campus/quad is at 34 and Walnut - about a block away.  It's nice because it's close enough to the main campus to make is accessible and fun but far enough away so that it isn't swarming with undergrads.

I like it.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
Oh, I guess I should mention that Ithaca is in the absolute middle of nowhere. Despite the fact that Ithaca appears to be pretty 'rural,' it is actually an oasis in the shithole that is upstate New York (except for Syracuse, which actually has a decent mall). It's fun as an undergrad, but I don't know if I could stay here as a grad student.

Oh no you ditint... 

Upstate NY is beautiful.  It has lots of white trash, but that makes it funny...  Syracuse is the shithole. 

At any rate, Cornell has one of the nicest campuses in the T14 hands-down.  The law school is nice too (unlike some T14s that have a nice campus but throw their law students in a building with Stalin-esque architectural cues). 
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »
Oh, I guess I should mention that Ithaca is in the absolute middle of nowhere. Despite the fact that Ithaca appears to be pretty 'rural,' it is actually an oasis in the shithole that is upstate New York (except for Syracuse, which actually has a decent mall). It's fun as an undergrad, but I don't know if I could stay here as a grad student.

Oh no you ditint... 

Upstate NY is beautiful.  It has lots of white trash, but that makes it funny...  Syracuse is the shithole. 

At any rate, Cornell has one of the nicest campuses in the T14 hands-down.  The law school is nice too (unlike some T14s that have a nice campus but throw their law students in a building with Stalin-esque architectural cues). 

absolutely not.

while the law school is pretty, the overall campus is ugly.  not as bad as columbia, but still pretty awful.

Then what do you think is nicer?

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:57 PM »
I agree BU has the worst campus in the world, but I was talking about Cornell. 

The comment about Stanford looking like a big Taco Bell was hilarious.  I truly enjoyed that.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 07:04:35 PM »
I agree BU has the worst campus in the world, but I was talking about Cornell. 

The comment about Stanford looking like a big Taco Bell was hilarious.  I truly enjoyed that.

These are the ones that have better campuses than Cornell:

Yale
Harvard
Stanford (although I do think it looks like a Grand taco bell)
U of C (not including the hideous law school)
Penn
Michigan
Duke
Georgetown (the real campus, not the LS)
Vandy
WUSTL
USC
ND
W & L

And Stanford is awful.  When I visited it in high school after being accepted, I felt that kind of sick you get from eating taco bell at 2am drunk.

Fixed - Credited

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »
Why is Cornell's campus so awful?  ??? I haven't visited, but I thought it looked better than a lot of others in the booklet...
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
Why is Cornell's campus so awful?  ??? I haven't visited, but I thought it looked better than a lot of others in the booklet...

I visited Cornell when I was looking at UG, and it was stunning.  It pretty much is what college should look like.  And wow to the landscape.

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

You probably could. It's still pretty great as a grad student.
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »

BEGPARDON?!  THIS doesn't do it for you?!?!?!

I try not to look at it.  :D

good call.  ;)

now go study.  >:(

waaaaah.  but i don't WANNA.

although...civil procedure reading is a bit easier for some reason after watching my civ pro professor on 20/20.... http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6259903.  my professor comes in when the time stamp is at around -2:30, and you can see my back in the lower left corner of the wide shot of the class at about -2:22.  I'm wearing a brown jacket and blue hat.

so much for internet anonymity!

Prof Goldberg is mad cool..she made civ Pro kinda fun for me.
Columbia 3L