Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will my letters of recommendation still be okay?  (Read 1414 times)

mclawschool

• View Profile
Will my letters of recommendation still be okay?
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »
Hello all-
I've been preparing to take the LSAT/Apply since 2007.
I got two professor letters in around October 2007.
After much fear/other factors/consideration, I won't be applying til 09 (For Fall 2010).

Will these two professor letters be okay to use? I've been starting to think they'll be considered "old"- though I have been out of school since 2005. I'm also planning on getting current letters from my employers (I work at a law firm).

Any advice? Will using those two older professor letters still be okay?
Thanks!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will my letters of recommendation still be okay?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:41:38 PM »
I think they'll be fine, but check around on LSAC to be sure, I know they address this somewhere.

I think as long as it's < 3 years, you're cool. But that could just be the Wild Turkey talking.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will my letters of recommendation still be okay?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »
In your case, I think it would definitely be a good idea to include recommendations from your current employer.  In addition, since you are not applying until next year, if possible, I would try to see if you could have the old professors re-date the recommendations just so they are timely. I am sure they wouldn't mind doing so for you and you want your application to be as up to date as possible!  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. I am currently a Law School Admissions Consultant for Veritas Prep and we routinely provide guidance as to obtaining the most effective and strongest recommendations you can get.

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com