« on: November 14, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »
Boston College
Fordham
Georgetown
Notre Dame

Discuss.

Re: Rate the Catholic Law Schools
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:33:20 AM »
well, these are all good schools.  Georgetown probably best and the others all very solid schools right behind it.  i think fordham and bc are probbaly just as good as notre dame, but notre dame is more national and has much better lay recognition.  i imagine naotre dame is the only one that's really "Catholic" though...

nealric

• a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »
GULC is only nominally catholic.

You also forgot a whole host of catholic law schools: Catholic, the various Loyolas, Ave Maria, etc.

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
GULC is only nominally catholic.

You also forgot a whole host of catholic law schools: Catholic, the various Loyolas, Ave Maria, etc.

I've heard ave maria is AWFUL..weird and overly religious. Sort of like a Catholic version ofRegent (or Regis, whatever it is). I feel like the Jesuits are best at educating people for the real world as opposed to the Catholic world. I'm Catholic so I'm allowed to say that.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
Villanova, one of the more overtly Catholic schools in the country. 

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
Villanova, one of the more overtly Catholic schools in the country. 

I didn't even know it was catholic...seton hall has a strong catholic tradition as well from what i hear.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:27:09 AM »
Yeah, Villanova won't let students work on women's reproductive issues during the normal 40 hour workweek or receive any credit for same because of their feelings on abortion.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
Yeah, Villanova won't let students work on women's reproductive issues during the normal 40 hour workweek or receive any credit for same because of their feelings on abortion.

damn...

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »

NO WAY!   :o

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:29:40 PM »
So how Catholic are these schools? My experience here at St. John's has shown VERY little religious appearance at the law school (the occasional crucifix in a teacher's office, Christmas trees and wreaths around the holidays, a few random priests occasional passing through the halls)... and absolutely no religious influence on the subject matter or classroom discussions.
So what's it like at other schools?
Rob