Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Federal Government Honors Programs  (Read 8067 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Federal Government Honors Programs
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
fwiw i am a hud employee & came in under a different fellowship program (pmf) a few years ago.  for my own hiring, after i interviewed, it took 3 months before i heard anything.  i know about the honors program but am not sure if it is administered in the same manner as pmf is.  if so, i'd also expect to wait a few months...

also, bc congress hasn't approved a budget for us for fy 09, and y'all's salary would be coming out of those appropriations, that may also contribute to a delay.  many offices are not able to hire until that final budget is approved (springish?).

so, all in all, i would not worry if you do not hear on a precise date.  like i said though, this program may somehow be set up differently than other programs and so you may not be subject to all the delays.

i have initial pmf interviews next month...were you saying it took three months after you made the finalist pool or 3 months after the job fair in dc before you heard?....i will need to decide where to take the bar before then...WAY before then.....i do not want to practice where i went to law school
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »
interviews haven't been finished yet. i'm not up until later this week.
case '09

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »
NLRB is still looking to interview people in their regional offices. At a PI Career Fair that is coming up, they will be accepting applications and interviewing students for their regional offices.