Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DA/Solicitor's Office  (Read 1037 times)

namehasbeenchanged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
DA/Solicitor's Office
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »
Any idea what kind of grades/class rank they look for?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: DA/Solicitor's Office
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »
I donít know if this is just here, but my guess is it applies to most DAs, if you want a job there intern there. Everyone I know who is working at the DAs or PDs after graduation got an offer because they interned there or worked there during 3L (and this includes at least one person with really bad grades). I donít know anyone who just applied and got a job based on resume/grades. It seems to be one of those jobs where you gotta prove yourself first. At least here in CO thatís how it works, at least if you want to stay in one of the bigger offices. I thnink more than grades its a "wshow them you really want to work there" thing. So apply early, and keep them up to date. You likley won't get paid 1L, or 2L, or even 3L so those that stay show they really want to do that kind of work. 
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.