Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No offers--now what?  (Read 4541 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No offers--now what?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »
I'm sorry dude, but if you had 13 callbacks, then there is an issue with you.  Firms don't spend the money on a call back without a more than likely chance of giving you an offer. 

This was true, but callbacks began before most firms really saw the full extent of the economy fun.  I know three Dallas firms with 50+ callbacks for 5 or so spots.

Sh!thead

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:47:02 PM »
Yes, yes, yes, I'm a lousy interviewer. I thought I admitted that in my OP. The question is what should I be doing now?

Should I just get a smaller firm job? Should I focus on getting a clerkship?
Am I going to be totally screwed for next years OCI?

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 01:26:55 AM »
Don't let these people get to you. They assume firms give 100% offers to anyone who doesn't fall on their face in an interview. Just isn't true, particularly in this economy. Just broaden your search, keep sending out resumes/Cover letters like crazy. And good luck.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41:51 AM »
Don't let these people get to you. They assume firms give 100% offers to anyone who doesn't fall on their face in an interview. Just isn't true, particularly in this economy. Just broaden your search, keep sending out resumes/Cover letters like crazy. And good luck.

Dude, it's mid-November.  Large firms are done with 2L hiring.... It's time to start preparing for smaller firms and government, though many of these won't take applications until December or later.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:43:50 AM »
I'm sorry dude, but if you had 13 callbacks, then there is an issue with you.  Firms don't spend the money on a call back without a more than likely chance of giving you an offer.  0/5 could be the economy, 0/13 is social awkwardness or acting entitled during the interview.

where'd you get 13?  i thought he said 9?

granted that it's a minor point either way.

I was referring to "lawschoolnojob's" post. 

Holden Caulfield

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »
Judging by his snarky responses to the innocent questions posed earlier, I'm guessing he's incredibly obnoxious IRL, and, therefore, a terrible interviewer.

jerk