Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: a Saskatchewan dilemma  (Read 4206 times)

thatguywho

• View Profile
    • Email
a Saskatchewan dilemma
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:35:34 PM »
Hey I was wondering if anyone else in saskatchewan is having a rather difficult time finding prep courses,tutors or any other assistance in tasking the LSAT.I have contacted every prep company that I have ever heard of and none of them offer classroom courses in the province.The exception Being oxford seminars who offers courses but 9 0ut of ten times cancels them.Thus, I'm curious to know what other people from saskatchewan did to study for the LSAT.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: a Saskatchewan dilemma
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:00:33 AM »
Hey I was wondering if anyone else in saskatchewan is having a rather difficult time finding prep courses,tutors or any other assistance in tasking the LSAT.I have contacted every prep company that I have ever heard of and none of them offer classroom courses in the province.The exception Being oxford seminars who offers courses but 9 0ut of ten times cancels them.Thus, I'm curious to know what other people from saskatchewan did to study for the LSAT. anything besides wasteland.

Fixed, and answered as a result.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:04:28 AM »
lol. sorry. the sask is not known for... erm... anything. your people are super nice, though.
university of southern california 2011

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »
Well people may joke, but we're having the last laugh when our economy is growing while their's continues to flounder. :P

Here's my best advice. don't go to anyone in Saskatchewan. Either do an online or weekend course supplemented (of course) with self study. If you have friends/family in Calgary, go there to do a PS or TM weekend course (I think they offer them there?) or if you don't, and you really want in person tutoring, drive to Minneapolis. Other than that, I would suggest an online course and/or ordering all the materials from powerscore (including their books, and all the LSAC test materials. This was the cheapest way to get them since Chapters has a crap selection and you pay one flat shipping fee to get a load of material). If you have any more questions - PM me!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 04:15:32 PM »
Well people may joke, but we're having the last laugh when our economy is growing while their's continues to flounder. :P

Canada's GDP: $1.271 trillion

The United States' GDP: $13.78 trillion

I'll take the rough patch.

And I'm still pinning Canada and Mexico growing while the US is stumbling on NAFTA, which pretty much subsidizes Canada and Mexico at the expense of the US. But hey, we have to get those two up to something close to 1st World standards if we're going to absorb them some day.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
I was actually talking about Saskatchewan's economy compared to other Canadian provinces. Either way, I'm not sure why you are arguing this, since of course the American GDP is going to be higher. You have 10 times our population. So is your debt, at over ten trillion dollars while we have around 600 billion.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
I was actually talking about Saskatchewan's economy compared to other Canadian provinces. Either way, I'm not sure why you are arguing this, since of course the American GDP is going to be higher. You have 10 times our population. So is your debt, at over ten trillion dollars while we have around 600 billion.

Ah, this was some sort of internal Canadian thing... eh...

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »
of course  ;)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
of course  ;)

Rank the provinces by value to your country, if you kindly would. I honestly don't know but am curious.

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 06:24:18 PM »
Ontario>>>>>>>>>>>>>BC>>>>>>>>>>everything else.
university of southern california 2011