Law School Discussion

Being a Single Guy in Law School is Tough.

Re: Being a Single Guy in Law School is Tough.
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:51 AM »
are there actually hot girls at chicago law?  there aren't many here.

My take on it is that there are many cute girls, but few "hot" ones.  I was surprised, too.  That said, it's nothing in comparison to my undergrad.

If you're into intelligence and ambition, I guess it's also not bad.

just some guy

• WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 06:32:03 AM »
Some days, I'm totally stressed out and frustrated.  Other days, I ride a wave of euphoria into the heart of the subject matter.  I think that's law school for you.  To slightly modify a Milton quote, "Law School is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven."

Hamlet. I forget who wrote it. Act two, scene two. Lines 238-245.

Best to avoid extremes. Plus the last line cited sort of fits the theme of the thread.

Oh, and a little Houseman for you. "Malt does more than Milton can, to justify God's ways to man."

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 08:07:25 AM »
FB GIRL IS TAKEN?!!!!!

I love Christian v. Mattel, too.  We read it for CivPro while discussing Rule 11.

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 08:48:53 AM »
This thread has spiraled completely out of control.

Wally, you need a good wingman.  Seriously.

Are you volunteering to be Goose to Wally's Maverick?

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 09:57:08 AM »
What's wrong with the male half?  Short?  Nerdy?  What's unattractive about them?

Insecure, probably.

Doubt it.  Earning potential is good and everyone loves law students.

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »
FB GIRL IS TAKEN?!!!!!

I love Christian v. Mattel, too.  We read it for CivPro while discussing Rule 11.

we're really embarrassed about that. Seriously, kid, wtf?

(wally, we have the same civ pro text.)

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
is anybody in Barnett for Contracts?  case in there about a USC law student who makes top 10%, then sues when he isn't elected to order of coif, claiming promissory estoppel.  the promise of coif prestige induced him to do his homework, which was apparently detrimental to him personally.

and PC, seriously, meet you at the lecture on "The Pirate Code."  starts at 4.  that's EST.

:D

My favorite case so far is Vaughn v. Menlove.  It's a reasonable person case in Torts.  The defendant builds a haystack next to a chimney and close to the plaintiff's land.  Although the plaintiff warns him of the danger inherent in the arrangement, the defendant does nothing, and, sure enough, the haystack catches fire and burns the plaintiff's cottages. 

The defense?  The defendant argues he "ought not to be responsible for the misfortune of not possessing the highest order of intelligence."

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
Ya. It really is. :(

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »
being a single girl in law school is pretty awesome, IMO. I had soup made for me today due to cold.
v. v. nice that american boys seem to cook.

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 06:32:55 AM »
I don't know.  I guess I didn't expect everyone to be so taken.  I was just talking to a cute girl in my dorm an hour ago, and, toward the end of the conversation, she casually said, "Oh, yeah, and my boyfriend is coming up next week.  You'll probably meet him."  I had no idea she was taken.

I dunno what I was expecting, but anyone in the same boat?  Maybe I'll try to hit the UG circuit once the enormous pressure of excelling as a 1L subsides.  (like Winter Break or something.)

Why is it I see this happening?

Did you craete this?