Law School Discussion

Being a Single Guy in Law School is Tough.

Being a Single Guy in Law School is Tough.
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:20:11 AM »
I don't know.  I guess I didn't expect everyone to be so taken.  I was just talking to a cute girl in my dorm an hour ago, and, toward the end of the conversation, she casually said, "Oh, yeah, and my boyfriend is coming up next week.  You'll probably meet him."  I had no idea she was taken.

I dunno what I was expecting, but anyone in the same boat?  Maybe I'll try to hit the UG circuit once the enormous pressure of excelling as a 1L subsides.  (like Winter Break or something.)

Re: Being a Single Guy in Law School is Tough.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:51:51 AM »
I'll make a post in this thread. That's it though.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:27:37 AM »
I don't know.  I guess I didn't expect everyone to be so taken.  I was just talking to a cute girl in my dorm an hour ago, and, toward the end of the conversation, she casually said, "Oh, yeah, and my boyfriend is coming up next week.  You'll probably meet him."  I had no idea she was taken.

I dunno what I was expecting, but anyone in the same boat?  Maybe I'll try to hit the UG circuit once the enormous pressure of excelling as a 1L subsides.  (like Winter Break or something.)

Make out with her anyway.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »
I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from you are single until there is a ring on your finger.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »
Look at it as though you have more time than people in relationships to focus on your studies.  I'm having a hard time finding time to outline right now because I spend time with my girlfriend.  It's hard to balance the time.

nealric

• a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
Theory: OP = Nervous T10 1L on ATL

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
Theory: OP = Nervous T10 1L on ATL

Theory?

------------

My advice: STAY SINGLE.  At least until you graduate.

Why?

wcombs65: I think there are trade-offs and benefits.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »

This is likely the correct response :)  Girls love making up boyfriends in order to get out of a possibly uncomfortable situation lol

This is true.

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
Strong possibility that girl in OP only decided she had a boyfriend after talking to Another Chicago 1L for the first time. 

:(

I guess we'll see next weekend, though she has FB pictures with this guy.

Law school is kind of a bummer all around.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »
Some days, I'm totally stressed out and frustrated.  Other days, I ride a wave of euphoria into the heart of the subject matter.  I think that's law school for you.  To slightly modify a Milton quote, "Law School is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven."