Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visited Penn  (Read 6811 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Visited Penn
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 11:20:13 PM »
we here at CLS also have one of Yale's best con law professors...at least for the year... ;)

stop posting on lsd and go study!  >:(

Waaaaaaah.

quiet or i'll sneak up on you and hit you with a sock.

but...but...i'm in an activity!
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »
but...but...i'm in an activity!

the activity was over at that point, i maintain.

yeah, it definitely was.

LSN

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 12:21:49 AM »
oohhh, which one?

we here at CLS also have one of Yale's best con law professors...at least for the year... ;)

I think Mahler was referring to Prof. Adler (con/admin).  Actually, I don't think that so much as I didn't know and so asked him, but I'm willing to take credit for answering you anyway.

ah, okay.  i was hoping you were sending us morse.   ;D

LSN

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 01:46:48 AM »
oohhh, which one?

I think Mahler was referring to Prof. Adler (con/admin).  Actually, I don't think that so much as I didn't know and so asked him, but I'm willing to take credit for answering you anyway.

ah, okay.  i was hoping you were sending us morse.   ;D

NO!  He's ours.   ;)  Long tie and all...

ETA as to formatting (I moved my response out of the quotes).

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »
So Penn says 80% of its students get some kind of financial aid. How "real" is that number? Without getting too nosy (or maybe I am, oh well) have you guys seen any of it? Do you know anybody who has? How difficult is it to get? Thanks!

I get none.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
So Penn says 80% of its students get some kind of financial aid. How "real" is that number? Without getting too nosy (or maybe I am, oh well) have you guys seen any of it? Do you know anybody who has? How difficult is it to get? Thanks!

I get none.

that's depressing. do you know anybody who got any financial aid?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »

I get none.

that's depressing. do you know anybody who got any financial aid?

Mahler applied ED.  Case closed.

I got none initially, then I showed them the aid offer from a different school and Penn gave mea  little somethin somethin.

LSN

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »
Soo...one of my dear classmates (you know who you are) informed me that my post may have been less than helpful.  I will fix it now...

I got no aid or scholarship.  My lack in scholarship can be attributed to my having applied ED and my having numbers that really are too low for any sort of merit money anyway.  ED in itself cuts the chances of merit money because they don't have to entice you to come to Penn because you have signed a contract saying you would.  Numbers have an impact too - only those at or near the top get merit money.

As to aid, when taken with my parents' income, I was not deemed to have the need for any grants.  I know a lot of ED people who did get aid though - aid is different than scholarship as far as ED goes.  Because aid is based solely on need, they give the same regardless of ED status so long as you can demonstrate a need.  I couldn't.

I hope that's better.   :)