Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visited Penn  (Read 6696 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Visited Penn
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »
I outline on the weekends and usually focus more on supplements than a good reading.  I don't brief at all.  It also depends on the professor.

It's doable, I think.

Outlaw22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »
I outline on the weekends and usually focus more on supplements than a good reading.  I don't brief at all.  It also depends on the professor.

It's doable, I think.

multi-color highlighting is key. I think I briefed for maybe 2 days. There are  people in my section who go out 3-4 nights a week but we definitely have the more laid-back/party section. We don't have quite as much reading as the other sections and we only have the socratic method in 1 class. It just depends.

Penn Law Class of 2011

Outlaw22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »

It's doable, I think.

multi-color highlighting is key. I think I briefed for maybe 2 days. There are  people in my section who go out 3-4 nights a week but we definitely have the more laid-back/party section. We don't have quite as much reading as the other sections and we only have the socratic method in 1 class. It just depends.

I'm trying to think of which class is real socratic... MG was saying even in Torts he goes in order. 

That may be the key difference, all of my profs do real socratic so if you're not prepared for the day you're going to look like an idiot.  And in K's pretty much half the class gets called on each day. 

I don't brief and I don't use multiple hilighters... I make notes in pencil and then write a summary at the top of the case for when I get called on.  Briefing is nice, but not worth it for the additional time it takes. 

Ahh that would be the other contracts.. so MG might not even have any truly socratic classes.
Penn Law Class of 2011

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 09:06:45 PM »

It's doable, I think.

I'm trying to think of which class is real socratic... MG was saying even in Torts he goes in order. 

That may be the key difference, all of my profs do real socratic so if you're not prepared for the day you're going to look like an idiot.  And in K's pretty much half the class gets called on each day. 

I don't brief and I don't use multiple hilighters... I make notes in pencil and then write a summary at the top of the case for when I get called on.  Briefing is nice, but not worth it for the additional time it takes. 

Ahh that would be the other contracts.. so MG might not even have any truly socratic classes.

Cheated out of the true 1L experience  :P

Cheated out of terror?  Fine by me  ;D

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »

Cheated out of the true 1L experience  :P

Cheated out of terror?  Fine by me  ;D

Even you sometimes wish it was real socratic... dont lie. 

I do. 

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »

ok good.  I plan on going out 3-4 times a week.

Have you visited yet?
(Sorry if I already asked you this recently.)

After you were the subject of one of the funniest torts comments of the semester, I think we can forgive you even if you did already ask  ;D

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I really hope I get in now; you seem all like a fun group  :-\

In OUR torts class, we have to be.  Though our professor IS quite the character...

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 11:01:01 PM »
::hates penn::

I know I know.  But not alllll the people there are evil, right?  Especially ones that love Kitchenette pancakes...

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:51 PM »
hate the sin, not the sinner.

the sinner being UPenn students.

the sin being UPenn.

Fair  ;)

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »
::Can't hate CLS because it is right in his old stomping ground and near the best breakfast AND best dessert places EVER::