Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to say in disciplinary addendum?  (Read 1143 times)

thepickle

• View Profile
    • Email
what to say in disciplinary addendum?
« on: November 08, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »
As i've posted before, I had two separate disciplinary issues my freshman year in the dorm: once beer cans were found in my room, and once I was caught showering with a girl. So I am trying to figure exactly what to say in an addendum - I want to keep it short and to the point. Per Ann Ivey's book, I want to end with what I've learned from the experience - but I really have no idea what to say on that one...Any tips on how to write a disciplinary addendum?

someonesecret

• View Profile
Re: what to say in disciplinary addendum?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:24:39 AM »
I would say to just keep it short and sweet. Don't go into great detail about either incident. I also wrote a disciplinary addendum and I basically glossed over the facts, the punishment, and that I had learned an important lesson. In all reality, I highly doubt that admissions people are going to care too much about minor infractions a few years ago. Just write it to make the point that you are telling the truth and not hiding anything, and don't worry about it too much.

thepickle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:56:51 PM »
Thanks for the guidelines. Just curious, how long was your addendum? Trying to keep it simple, but is a paragraph (bout half page) enough?

orangegrl911

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
i went and talked to a counselor about my disciplinary probation and she told me that i didn't have to report it. you should talk to someone at your school and figure out if you even have to mention it at all.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »
A law school counselor of the school you're sending your app to or a counselor from your college?  You'd be surprised with how clueless undergrad counselors are to the process.

Disclosing is actually to your benefit.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:58:56 AM »
Bob Jones?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.