Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley PS, 4 Pages, Really?  (Read 1138 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Berkeley PS, 4 Pages, Really?
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »
Okay so Berkeley is my last application. I've been trying to work my DS into my PS, like delaggio reccomends, but I just can't do it. How would Berkeley take it if I just included both of them in the same document, or seperately. I know they take the whole 4 pages thing seriously, but ackk!! I am so tired of writing this garbage!
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Berkeley PS, 4 Pages, Really?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:45 PM »
You can just use a 2-page PS. Lots of people don't use the full 4 pages and get admitted.

Do they allow you to submit a separate DS? I can't remember anymore. If they do, and you're happy with your PS and your DS, I would just submit them both and not worry about the 4 pages.

Good luck!  :)

Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:01:35 AM »
Why throw away the money if you're not going to take the application seriously?  They say take four pages, all anecdotal evidence points to the importance of those four pages.

I understand you're tired of all this.  So perhaps you've had enough and you should go with the apps you have.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »
You can just use a 2-page PS. Lots of people don't use the full 4 pages and get admitted.

Do they allow you to submit a separate DS? I can't remember anymore. If they do, and you're happy with your PS and your DS, I would just submit them both and not worry about the 4 pages.

You're contradicting me?  You're supposed to be tough with him, show him the error of his ways, i.e., not following directions. 

Ugh, you guys have gone all soft there in Birkenstock land.  :P

(plus, he's less likely to apply if there was only MY advice.  Now you've increased my competition.  Humph. )
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 12:05:57 AM »
There have been multiple reports from people with Boalt acceptances saying that they didn't write four pages.

I e-mailed them prior to sending my app, asking if they accepted a separate DS, and they said it was fine.

With PS's and DS's....QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:07:28 AM »
Thanks for the swift, and clear responses everyone!

And yup, Berkeley does allow you to submit a DS.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 12:08:06 AM »
There have been multiple reports from people with Boalt acceptances saying that they didn't write four pages.

I e-mailed them prior to sending my app, asking if they accepted a separate DS, and they said it was fine.

With PS's and DS's....QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

Really?  LSN only shows one.

:::hyperventilates:::

space for rent.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 12:11:32 AM »

You're contradicting me?  You're supposed to be tough with him, show him the error of his ways, i.e., not following directions. 

Ugh, you guys have gone all soft there in Birkenstock land.  :P

(plus, he's less likely to apply if there was only MY advice.  Now you've increased my competition.  Humph. )

Never! Except a little bit this time?  :D

I submitted a 2-page PS and no DS (and am a current Boalt 2L).

I think it really depends on who you are and what you have to say. If you can fill four pages with good stuff, then do, but if you're happy with your 2-page PS don't try to stretch into something just to fill the space. I think they give the 4 pages so that people don't feel like they can't express themselves if they want to, but not because they think that everyone must have 4 pages worth of stuff to say.

Just my two cents!

Um, you'll all get in everywhere you apply!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:12 AM »
I was going to fluff up my 2 page PS and then I realized I had a tight, clean piece of writing and didn't want to spoil it by adding BS just for the sake of 2 pages.  If you have a good PS and it's 2 pages, I think they'd prefer a quality piece of writing over something sloppy and longer.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 01:36:18 PM »
Now I just have to pray that they have mercy on my LSAT score and let me in  :o