Law School Discussion

Favorite 1L Class?

Re: Favorite 1L Class?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
WTF?  Was it a funny speech at least?  That sounds extremely rude.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 09:43:36 PM »
When I visited Chicago last year, I sat in on Miles's class and someone didn't know about Palsgraf.  It might have been a disappointment for him, but to categorically chide a class seems a little silly.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »
Interesting.  The 2011 class doesn't have "stupid" sections, but I guess people reserve judgment until grades are released.  And I don't know anyone, off the top of my head, that anyone considers intellectually inferior -- except for maybe the Florida folks.

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 11:06:01 PM »
Wow. And we thought Gersen's "you guys need to get back on the train" talk was rough.

ConLaw...

That this isn't a 1L class for us is my biggest disappointment.

I didn't think it was rough, but it was unnecessary when you consider that the man is not very clear.

You should definitely hit up Wing Night tomorrow.  No excuse, right?  I'll buy you a beer.  I'm going to go out because it's the night before the night before Thanksgiving.

:P

ETA: If you're there, Bosco, us New Grad folks always order a few pitchers.  You're welcome to them as well.

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
yeah I was going to say.. e & f had a ton of what ac1l would call "strivers" -- but i think the technical term would be "mad guns, son"

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 11:16:26 AM »
Regulatory State was mine. Similar to the Legislation and Regulation course HLS started teaching last year... the director of our Regulatory Program is currently teaching one of the 1L sections there this fall as she works on finalizing the casebook.  Much more interesting than Civ Pro, Ks, Torts, etc.

Though I'm not sure the 1Ls taking Rubin's section would agree with me at the moment.

MP

• UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 12:49:21 PM »
I actually cited the Minks-Cannibalize-Babies case on the exam, but it didn't seem to do much for my grade.  My favorite 1L class was property, but my highest grade was crim.  Civ Pro II was a special kind of torture (great prof, but I can only handle so many derivations of International Shoe), and Torts was an avalanche of common law.  Plus we got an anti-inspirational speech at the end of Torts.

I think I skipped that day...which was probably the last day.  Oops  :-[

Haha, I was just joking with the E & F thing.  They're just the only 2010 people who post here, other than my section.

And yeah, I think I could go for some wings tomorrow.  I'll probably stop by at some point.

I was wondering...and counting the # of gunners in the two sections off the top of my head...

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 10:33:09 PM »
Torts: its like a really trashy reality TV show every class.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »
I've completely fallen in love with civil procedure. We're getting married in 2011. LSD invites to come.

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 05:11:38 PM »
How is that possible?