Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: yet another personal statement. (updated...)  (Read 597 times)

pasm

• AOL Instant Messenger - thexflamesxburn
    • View Profile
    • Email
yet another personal statement. (updated...)
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »
yeah i know you're probably sick of reading these. just finished my first draft, would like some advice from anyone who has gone through this. its long right now (about 850 words), but i wanted to get everything in and then cut things out as per recommended. please let me know if you can read it and i'll message it to you.

thanks!
Stony Brook University 2009
BS in Finance and Economics
GPA: 3.55 (3.64)
LSAT: retake in Dec.

LSN

pasm

• AOL Instant Messenger - thexflamesxburn
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: yet another personal statement. please critique!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
i got a few responses (thank you), but i just want to be clear im not too sure what makes a personal statement good and bad, and would have no idea to properly critque. with this being said, i would like to exchange PS with people, but my advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

that being said, i guess i'll post my PS here. i didn't really want to because its a bit personal, but time is running out and i really hope someone will have something to suggest! as i said above, it is too long, so i do need to cut a bunch out (i think i focused too much time on developing the story). i can write a great research paper, but i cannot write about myself worth a damn. i think im coming off too much like a martyr, i dont know, im rambling. just read...

EDIT: to avoid the snide remarks and requests to "prove" myself, i've taken it off. just take it for what it is. if you care to read it, pm me.
Stony Brook University 2009
BS in Finance and Economics
GPA: 3.55 (3.64)
LSAT: retake in Dec.

LSN