Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School is a LOT of Fun  (Read 1317 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Law School is a LOT of Fun
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »
I have a ton of friends, I go out drinking on a regular basis, and I still manage to read all of the cases and keep up with hornbooks.

Best of all, I feel like I'm developing as a student.  My mind is sharper, more lucid.  I can penetrate the finer points of discussions, advertisements, boards.

Even if you don't get into a top school, I think that law school -- the experience -- is totally worth it.  Plus, a JD is super prestigious!  You can do anything with it.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School is a LOT of Fun
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »
I have a ton of friends, I go out drinking on a regular basis, and I still manage to read all of the cases and keep up with hornbooks.

Word.

Lurker 1L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »

Best of all, I feel like I'm developing as a student.  My mind is sharper, more lucid.  I can penetrate the finer points of discussions, advertisements, boards.

Even if you don't get into a top school, I think that law school -- the experience -- is totally worth it.  Plus, a JD is super prestigious!  You can do anything with it.

wally.

just stop.  please.

I usually just lurk, but I'm with you dennis.  This kid's posts are so crazy.

Sometimes he creates threads talking about how much he hates law school and how no one will hang out with him.  Other times he's having a great time.   (P.S. wally, it doesn't make you cool to go on a message board and talk about drinking - it makes you a loser)

Sometimes he's bragging about how little work he does, which is obviously a lie, other times he's bragging about how much work he does.  Usually this is coupled with feelings of superiority over his classmates, either mocking them for how much they work (even though he does more than most of them), or talking about how he just doesn't understand how law school can be sooooo easy.

FYI, I'm 90% sure I met Wally at an admitted students weekend.  I'm not posting to make fun of this obviously pathetic kid.  I'm posting for two reasons:  1) Wally - you seem like you're legitimately insane.  I would get some help.  2) 0Ls - do not listen to a word this kid says.  He generally gives advice on things he knows absolutely nothing about, almost exclusively.  He's given advice about being a 3L, about how to do well on exams before he ever took one, about how important it is to do the reading, etc.  I would recommend listening to the advice of 2Ls and 3Ls, instead of a batshit crazy kid who generally just posts here to pretend he's cool, to psyche out his classmates, to make himself feel smart, or some combination of these.

MLaw11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:12:21 PM »
Wally's always been this way.  All through last cycle he alternated between pessimism and optimism, nervousness and confidence, naiveté and authoritativeness.  Just know to take anything he says with a (large) grain of salt and that's that.  Though he's always rubbed me the wrong way, I've stopped being critical because that's just the way he is and it's not going to change.

However, I've got one bone to pick: the threads are too much.  Not every thought (or even every epiphany) warrants a new thread.  Might I suggest either: A) Posting these thoughts in threads where 0Ls are asking about those issues or B) Creating one "Wally's thoughts on law school" thread that you can bump every time you feel the need.  It's all just a bit excessive.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 12:49:50 AM »
Everyone thinks it is a lot of fun until end of November/beginning of December exam cramming. Live it up.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 01:21:11 PM »

1) Wally - you seem like you're legitimately insane.

::giggles::
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD