Law School Discussion

Question about prep course

Question about prep course
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am sorta new here. I have been a member of this board for a few months and mostly lurk. But its crunch time now, and I plan to take the February LSAT. I've decided that I need a prep course since I am having a bit of trouble with the Logic Games in particular. I am usually pretty good with self study, but I work full time and I just dont have the time to sort it out the problems I am having my own with the exam being less than 3 months away.

There was poster who mentioned Testmasters over the Princeton Review. But that is all I could find with my limited searching capabilities & skimming. I also wanted to know particularly if the Testmasters full length course, (costing $1450) would be much more beneficial than the 16 hour weekend course ( costing $450) .  Funds are tight for me right now, but its my education you know, so I would do what I have to do.

My background/undergrad degree is in Engineering/Information Technology, but I my hope and dream is to practice law, and go to Howard Law after a 10 year hiatus from undergrad!!
I do feel I could get more money elsewhere, but I heard from from a someone that goes there that they have a top notch staff and that is very important to me.

Thanks to all in advance for your help and any advice!

Beverly

A.

• View Profile
Re: Question about prep course
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
Testmasters (www.testmasters180.com) (note the "180") and Powerscore (www.powerscore.com) are supposed to be the best.  PR and Kaplan are generally considered second-rate in comparison to these two.  But I've known successful test takers from all of them.  I'd recommend doing the full-length course...you certainly won't get everything you need from the weekend course.

As for Howard, see what LSAT you get and go from there.  There are lots of schools with "top-notch staff" (assuming that by "staff," you mean "faculty").