Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Getting a good overall "feel" on the LSAT. Need Advice  (Read 699 times)

Kantian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Getting a good overall "feel" on the LSAT. Need Advice
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »
I realized today that I did every single logic games problem starting 1993 - 2008. If I took more than 8:45 on any given game, or got anything less than -0, I redid it until it was perfect. I thought games were my strength but after getting humbled on the Oct 08 LSAT, i went back to study.

Here's the problem. I still don't feel 100% complete and confident, despite doing all the games at 99% accuracy timed. I think I get nervous on this test because I put so much pressure on myself. Any advice to reassure myself?

bruin984622

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Getting a good overall "feel" on the LSAT. Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »
Are planning for Dec?  If so I think you should be ready.  How did you do in Oct overall?  I really think that most ppl should be drilling like crazy in RC. 

I got to the point where I was doing 100% in LG and missed two questions in the first game - just trying to rush thru and forgot about a rule.  I spent close to 12min on the last bus game and thought I may have bombed it (the verbiage was confusing and I spent 5min on the first question) - I managed to get them all right.

If you are getting 100%, then watch yourself in every question making sure you recheck the rules routinely.  I would stop game timing and practice whole sections at 32min.  In my experience some games can be done in as fast as 4min (straight sequencing) and others require more than 10min.  Do all the experimental game sections as well b/c although LG has gotten much more predictable thru the years, some games like the last one in Oct threw alot of people off.

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
I realized today that I did every single logic games problem starting 1993 - 2008. If I took more than 8:45 on any given game, or got anything less than -0, I redid it until it was perfect. I thought games were my strength but after getting humbled on the Oct 08 LSAT, i went back to study.

Here's the problem. I still don't feel 100% complete and confident, despite doing all the games at 99% accuracy timed. I think I get nervous on this test because I put so much pressure on myself. Any advice to reassure myself?
If stress and anxiety is the cause of your poor performance then why go back and study more LG problems?

There are ways of dealing with test day anxiety and you can find them by searching around on this message board.

giant_slayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »
That is an absurd amount of practise LGs, now u r depressing me. Lets get specific: How many did u miss?  Were the mistakes at the beginning or the end? When did you get a "feel" that things were going awry? and lastly....have you had that lack of confidence and anxiety during the practise tests?
david taking down goliath is not an exception to the rule, it IS the rule.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:21:45 AM »
Dont be afraid to take a look at the date of a thread every once in a while.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN