Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High School Record; Ever Come into Play?  (Read 606 times)

angiej

• View Profile
High School Record; Ever Come into Play?
« on: October 31, 2008, 08:37:55 AM »
I was a very unsuccesful high school student, had to switch schools in the middle of my junior year and finished with a D average.  I waited 5 years after high school to pursue my undergrad, so I was admitted, but only on probationary basis, which as far as I can tell, does not show up in my transcript and I currently have a 3.7 gpa. 

Will this ever come into play during any part of the law school application process?

TimMitchell

Re: High School Record; Ever Come into Play?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »
Your screwed,  have fun being a janitor

angiej

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:44:59 AM »
Really? I did not realize h.s. was even looked at, undergrad only. 

TimMitchell

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:47:45 AM »
I'm kidding, it's not looked at at all. Some schools ask if you have had and disciplinary record or academic probabation from ANY school, which means you might want to disclose anything you had in high school, but other than that you're fine. Most schools only ask for disciplinary and academic record for secondary schools.

angiej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
Great, well now that I am awake this a.m. thanks for that!

I wasn't expelled or anything like that, just was not "meshing" well with a certain teacher who decided he wanted to stalk me and school did not want to do anything about it.

sethg485

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
Most laws schools DO look at your H.S record and weight it very heavily in the admissions formula. If you have a bad H.S record you better find a new field to enter into. For law schools EVERYTHING matters!

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »
It's not funny if someone already made the joke.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:08 AM »
if you set any records in high school, you will want to mention them on your ps.

my law school was certainly impressed that i held the senior record for most bong hits (for jesus, of course) taken in a 24 hour period.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

angiej

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »
if you set any records in high school, you will want to mention them on your ps.

my law school was certainly impressed that i held the senior record for most bong hits (for jesus, of course) taken in a 24 hour period.

Wow that's pretty darn impressive!   ;)

I didn't do much of anything in h.s. except color guard a/k/a the "whore core."  As a young adult I serve as secretary on a non-profit and dedicate my life to being a pee-on for my attorney bosses.  Hopefully that will count for something.