Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Dean's Letter  (Read 657 times)

XYF

• View Profile
Cornell Dean's Letter
« on: October 30, 2008, 03:10:26 PM »
My letter should have arrived in their office early last week (almost two weeks ago), but the online status checker shows that my file is still not complete. Is anyone here in a similar situation?

backlog at Cornell or letter lost in the mail?

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Dean's Letter
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
I wonder if Cornell is starting off like other cycles in the past.  They are well known for being overwhelmed with paperwork and severely backlogged.  It's possible that they have received it but it hasn't been opened or processed yet.

Kantian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
pick up the phone and dial 1-(607) 255-5141. When someone answers, say "Hi, I mailed my dean certification 2 weeks ago and I still do not see it reflected on my app status. Could you please tell me if your admissions office received it yet? Thank you."

then depending on their response, take the appropriate course of action.

XYF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
I figure I can avoid calling (I'm abroad...) if everyone else has the same problem.

anyone?

Kantian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »
I figure I can avoid calling (I'm abroad...) if everyone else has the same problem.

anyone?

Email. I got a response within 24 hours.

XYF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:02:47 PM »
Email. I got a response within 24 hours.

yep. tried that too. it was over 24 hours ago and i never got a response. i suppose i'll have to call them tomorrow

jms297

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:00:30 PM »
I'm in the same boat- my undergrad says they mailed out my Dean's Cert over 2 weeks ago but my status checker still says incomplete.  I am also abroad so I emailed, and got a response about 48 hrs later saying that they are starting to look through the Early Action apps now, and someone would email me if anything is missing.
Shortly after that I got an email saying that they still don't have my Dean's Cert.
I'm hoping the office is just backed up and they've received our DC's, just haven't processed them yet!