Specific Groups / Issues > Affirmative Action

Why do we get a big admissions boost?

<< < (2/7) > >>

DrLazarus:
Agreed, the reasoning is suspect.  I just felt it highlighted some of the principles underlying the process rather well. 

soundsgood:
Very true.  I just have a little residual anger left from my overwhelmingly liberal Con law class, haha.

princepointe:
I wouldnt say we get a big admissions boost. But our oppressed background has to be considered. Most of us are first or second generation college because of our backgrounds. Many of us don't have the academic preparation to compete with alot of whites who have a deep educational heritage. Something has to even the playing field.

JDat45:
Ha! This thread is so flimsy and transparent. I sure hope you guys are better lawyers than you are posters.  ;D

just Trev:

--- Quote from: princepointe on November 30, 2008, 06:04:55 PM ---I wouldnt say we get a big admissions boost. But our oppressed background has to be considered. Most of us are first or second generation college because of our backgrounds. Many of us don't have the academic preparation to compete with alot of whites who have a deep educational heritage. Something has to even the playing field.

--- End quote ---

;D  ??? >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version