Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 162/3.74- Top University, Chacnes?  (Read 6027 times)

TheBreadWinner

• View Profile
Re: 162/3.74- Top University, Chacnes?
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
That is a fantastic show

Did you see the last episode?  This season keeps getting better and better.
íMe cago en la leche!

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »
Why don't u all go too Penn, I'll send you a letter from Yale  :D :D :D :D

Dear IvyLeague2Be,

You may have heard that Penn Law prides itself on having a particularly collegial student body.  Well, in case you haven't, please allow me to inform you that we consider ourselves quite friendly with one another and we tend to stick together.  One of our deans once said "If you graduate PennLaw with all A's, you'll be set for jobs.  If you graduate PennLaw with 200 friends, you'll be set for life."

With that in mind, allow me to inform you that we don't want you at our school.  Collectively, we think you are a rather large feminine hygiene product and wish you would refrain from sending an application to our hallowed institution.

I know that not all of us at Penn have met you, but I can promise you that all of us would hate you.

I've spoken to Yale, and they agree.

Sincerely,
Someone who actually got into law school.

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2008, 07:31:43 PM »
Please do not come to anything within the T5-T10.  Your "logic" is far beyond my understanding and likely my fellow students -- you would do much better somewhere else.

Also, please scan aforementioned Yale acceptance letter and post here upon receipt.  I eagerly await reading it.  Until then, you have no credibility.
Michigan 2010.  Brr.

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »
Please do not come to anything within the T5-T10.  Your "logic" is far beyond my understanding and likely my fellow students -- you would do much better somewhere else.

Also, please scan aforementioned Yale acceptance letter and post here upon receipt.  I eagerly await reading it.  Until then, you have no credibility.

Second this  8)

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:48 PM »
Consider this a Wow, did IvyLeague2Be really change his profile picture to actual ivy leafs??? bump. 8)

EDIT: I am not going to change leafs to leaves... I noticed my mistake and think that it should be full proof that hockey season has currently taken control of my brain.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

GunnerDore

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2008, 11:01:03 PM »
Physics major now at a "state" T10 for LS with a comparable major GPA whose first two LSATs averaged to a 162.5 here:

Oh, never mind, looks like all the bases have been covered already. I was really looking forward to unleashing the beast, too. :-/

IvyLeague2Be

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »
lol, are you guys still argeuing about this  ::)

anyway, I'm at the point where I think a lot of the info here is made up. I talked to my old pre-law advisor and she said most of teh stuff on these forums is BS. For instance, 90% of the people on here report scores which are in the 95th percentile or higher. Well, isn't that statistically impossible?

That pretty much proves that people on here are lying, which leads me to think that they might not being 100% correct or intelligent on LS admissions.

Whatever the case is, you guys seriously need to get a life  ::)  ::)  ::)

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »

anyway, I'm at the point where I think a lot of the info here is made up. I talked to my old pre-law advisor and she said most of teh stuff on these forums is BS. For instance, 90% of the people on here report scores which are in the 95th percentile or higher. Well, isn't that statistically impossible?

That pretty much proves that people on here are lying, which leads me to think that they might not being 100% correct or intelligent on LS admissions.

Ok, I'm in class, so I will make my destruction of your idiocy as brief as possible.

1 - The fact that a large majority of posters report scores in the 95th percentile is not a statistical impossibility.  More likely is that only those with such scores choose to post on the forum or report their scores at all.  It is a self selecting group, an unrepresentative sample, and by no means a normal distribution.

2 - I have a life...a life at an Ivy League law school, no less.  I'm also married, have a dog, and tend to have a few friends.  I come here to help those as others before helped me.

3 - Your pre-law adviser may or may not be the best source of information either.  For example, if it was your pre-law adviser that told you we were lying because 90% of us report scores in the 95th percentile, then I would seriously view any info he gave you as suspect.  If he cannot make the logical deduction that LSD, and forums in general, are self selecting, then he may not be a prime source of info.

4 - Many of us are in T-14 schools.  We didn't get there by using incorrect information, as evidenced by the fact that we actually got there.  If we were so incorrect, we would not have gained admission, I would imagine.  As such, you would have to believe either that we are malicious people and promulgating false info just because we want people to fail or that we are so illogical that we cannot tell the difference between what was good info and bad info from our own cycles.  Our already mentioned performance on a logic based exam (even you referenced our scores) would indicate the latter is false.  Our taking the time out of our days to help people we never have met would seem to moot the former.

And now, using a catch phrase that has become so popular around here as of late:  Thanks for playing!

Cool Beans

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »

2 - I have a life...a life at an Ivy League law school, no less.  I'm also married, have a dog, and tend to have a few friends.  I come here to help those as others before helped me.

Your logic is far from convincing.  For example, Within the above citation, it took you 3 sentences to contradict yourself.

Thanks for playing!

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »

Your logic is far from convincing.  For example, Within the above citation, it took you 3 sentences to contradict yourself.

Thanks for playing!

Ummm...no.  This is actually so idiotic as not to deserve a response.

And you are fooling nobody with the alt account.  It is apparent to all that you and IvyLeague2Be are one in the same.