Yes, people female dog and moan about the workload. Yes, you have to manage your time and put in 8-12 hour days, just like you would at a demanding job. But yes, it is FANTASTIC.
It's fun to complain about law school, but a lot of people (yes, non-gunners!) actually like it. It helped me get through the application cycle last year to talk to people who were enjoying themselves, so I figured I'd start this thread.
Just a few of the things I am loving about law school so far:
1. Free food. All the time. Everywhere. Lots of pizza, with the occasional smattering of veggie plates, soul food, sushi, and frequent receptions (not firm receptions, but school ones, open to 1Ls!) with open bar (featuring top shelf liquor) and fancy hours d'oevrs.
2. Free highlighters and pens. Geeky, but fun.
3. Lexis and Westlaw fight over you like you are the captain of the football team and it's time to pick a date for the homecoming dance. It's a little pathetic, but it's fun to have rewards points thrown in your face by one of the services as the rep for the other service starts to look squeemish.
4. Great people. If you pick the right school, you will really love your classmates.
5. Accessibility of professors. Besides for standard office hours, I think CLS gives profs money to take students out to lunch in small groups, which not only helps you get to know them informally, but also relates back to item #1.
6. The material is kind of great. Maybe this is just because I was working in a very uninteresting job last year reading material that was totally irrelevant to my life and career goals. So perhaps casebooks are just more interesting by comparison.
I know there are a bunch more of us closet law school-lover 1Ls out there...time to come out of the closet...